Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Which order to connect my returns? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Hello everybody.

I am just about to install an unvented cylinder. 2 heating zones, one hot water zone. It's an S-Plan system, with an auto bypass.
    I remember reading about a rule of thumb when connecting my returns back to the boiler, but can't quite remember exactly what it was talking about and why.
    I think you need to connect Heating return, hot water coil return then bypass, then filter, then boiler. Is that the right order?
    I think the idea is to make sure your rads are not heating up in summer when you've only running DHW coil.
    Can anyone let me know what the best order is and if there's a rule to remember please?

Dan :)

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Hot water (cylinder last) if I remember correctly but with 2 ports it doesn't matter as much

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Thanks Shaun, so it’s, heating returns, bypass then coil back towards boiler

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes

• Like Like x 1