Search the forum,

Discuss which one's best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
looking to buy a new multimeter off ebay , seen these 2 so far , the fluke 77 like my old employer had , and like the guy in mr combi dvd uses , or ive seen the fluke 23 . any ideas?

Any particular reason for buying a Fluke?

An Extech or Amprobe (made by Fluke) will do the same job at a fraction of the price.

I bought a second hand fluke of ebay for £20 it was almost new.

only one way to find out:boxing_smiley:

lost out on a fluke 77 on ebay this morning! i bided up to 35 , somebdy else won it at 36!!! just because i couldent get up before 9:10 to see it finish!!! haha

The Fluke 116 is the dog's danglers for our game. Not cheap, but will last you a lifetime. Not a comment for the OP but anyone else reading; ensure you buy an autorange multimeter, it's less bother when your are working in the dark bowels of a Heating system. Also, the cheaper ones will only measure a low Ampage, while this may only be a problem when working on Leccy showers for example, even then only a rare requirement.

I have a cheap one that rattles around in my Hand Tools & I keep my Fluke 116 well protected in the van.

Over the last 20 years Digi Multimeters have come on in leaps & bounds. Amprobe & even the Draper one are good entry level ones. Regardless, they're a gift from the Gods in Boiler & C/Heating controls repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which one's best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock