Search the forum,

Discuss Which drain snake? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

I'm full of questions today!

I'd like recommendations for a good drain unblocking tool for basin & bath waste, so not 4". I have a flexible snake that I bought from Selco a while ago, it's fine but very short. I did a callout a couple of days ago where there was no access point under the sink, the waste was buried in the wall, and the run was about 5m! Got it clear in the end, but would have been a lot quicker with a proper snake.

I've seen these:

Drain Unblocker | NoLinkingToThis

and these:

Rothenberger Rospi 8 Manual Drain Cleaner | NoLinkingToThis

Is there any value in being able to attach a drill machine, or is that a gimmick?

Or would you recommend something completely different?

Cheers,
Masood

ive never had any luck using snakes long snakes especially have a habit of getting stuck
ive got a kinetic gun and if that doesnt work ive got some thin spring drain rods if i cant get them in it has to be cut out
most of the time if your on domestic its a cut out job anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which drain snake? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need some recommendations of firms that can help unblock a waste water drain at my property. There is a septic tank - which is OK and a waste water "hole" where water from showers, washing up and the washing machine flows. The problem is when the washing machine runs the waste water backs...
Replies
Views
Hi All I own 2 flats and the upstairs/first floor tenant has contacted me to say that the toilet and basin are slow at draining and she thinks there is a blockage. She stated she has tried various shop boought unblockers but nothing worked.... I went there and gained access to downstairs to...
Replies
Views
I’ve had a rodent problem in the loft (I know they are in the drain because I saw rats in inspection chamber). The soil stack appears intact in the vertical loft section and vented at roof. I’m pushing the insurance to get a drain survey (water company did cctv the drain and said no defects)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We hope you are well. We are looking for some drainage advice on a relatively new build property. The drain outside of the property constantly blocks with toilet paper and waste every 5-6 weeks of use. Following the blockage we unblock by using hot water and essentially poking...
Replies
Views
Hello My upstairs shower drain is smelling absolutely rotten, water is draining a little slower than normal. I’m 99% sure it’s my gf’s hair (had this issue in the past). The waste is a Crosswater self cleaning vortex style one (think it’s made by Wirquin) to go with the shower tray. It blocked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock