Search the forum,

Discuss Which Cordless SDS drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

I am in the market for a new cordless SDS drill, I currently have the Milwaukee cordless M18 Fuel combi drill and impact driver which are fantastic but the combi drill is sometimes not up to it on very hard walls.

Not sure if I should go for the Milwaukee or another brand? if so what model is best.

I am also not sure if I should go for a bare drill or a complete set? my concern about the bare drill is the lack of a case.

Mark

M18 sds mate u won't be disappointed. I've got one it's phenomenal. Makes dewalt equivalent look like a hammer drill. Plus batteries interchangeable

What model do you have?

Whats your thoughts on bare drill or full kit?

Will look. Two kits with two chargers and four batts is a good start then buy bare kit. I've got a decent selection of their kit. Fuel stuff is better. My circ saw will rip 4*2 lengthways without a sweat!

def go with milwaukee as you already have the batterys

the new m18 fuel sds drills should be good, the big one is about 350 bare, prices is coming down now after intial starting prices.

If you go with Milwaukee, you won't have any issues.
I have a couple of the designated hammer drills and find them great.

I now wouldn't buy any other brand due to having batteries and chargers for Milwaukee.
I made my apprentice buy the same brand so we can use the same batteries.

Before you buy the skin, get a price on the drill with the battery and charger, you can never have enough batteries and chargers are expensive to replace.

Agree with oz plumber. Had a prob before with a charger. The price of the charger for a small battery drill was only 15€ less than complete drill. If Milwaukee is yer fav like other lads go with that. Just keep your eyes peeled on d tool sites. Might net a bargain.
I use DeWalt me self. Pretty good to be so far. My 2 brothers had exact drills, we got them at d same time but the tool fairy emptied their vans at night. So I'm d only 1 with that make

Have a hitachi 36v sds here.
Plenty of bang

Do milwaukee only make the SDS in an 18v version? If so does this have the power needed for drilling holes for rads, condense, blow off etc?

Does anyone know the model number for the fuel version? I cant seem to find it

Mark

Do milwaukee only make the SDS in an 18v version? If so does this have the power needed for drilling holes for rads, condense, blow off etc?

Does anyone know the model number for the fuel version? I cant seem to find it

Mark

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...8V Sds Plus Hammer Drill Bare Unit 4933447420

If it punches out 2.7J that's comparable to what a mains powered 6-700W SDS can produce so it can handle most drilling tasks. I have an old 12v makita SDS and that'll eventually punch through a brick cavity with a 26mm bit and a few batteries later (not recommended unless you're on day rate)

The M18 Fuel SDS almost matches the impact energy of the standard M28 SDS (2.8J), there's a M28 FUEL sds but I don't think you can get it here yet but the M18 FUEL sds should be ample.

Last edited:
Milwaukee M18CHX-0 M18 Fuel 18v SDS Plus Hammer Drill Bare Unit

If it punches out 2.7J that's comparable to what a mains powered 6-700W SDS can produce so it can handle most drilling tasks. I have an old 12v makita SDS and that'll eventually punch through a brick cavity with a 26mm bit and a few batteries later (not recommended unless you're on day rate)

The M18 Fuel SDS almost matches the impact energy of the standard M28 SDS (2.8J), there's a M28 FUEL sds but I don't think you can get it here yet but the M18 FUEL sds should be ample.

They now have an sds m18 fuel punching out 4.2 joules and with three batteries at just shy of 500 bangers

I myself have questioned this but it is from milwaukee own trade mag and the staff have contacted the rep who also states its 4.2 joules .

Twice as powerfull as makita 36v and this milwaukee will core 5 inch hole through block wall supposedly

It's a beauty. Best place to but

Tool monkey Leighton buzzard. next day ask for dave. The have my credit card details on standby

I got a metabo 28v, it's about four years old. Good kit. I'm a bit wary of new tool manufacturers, it all fan fares and glowing reviews. And then they disappear.

I just bought the M18 combi drill and impact, its 4amp batteries will these work if i bought a fuel sds?

It's a beauty. Best place to but

Tool monkey Leighton buzzard. next day ask for dave. The have my credit card details on standby

I have your credit card details on stanby too just need the 3 digit security number please ?????

I got a metabo 28v, it's about four years old. Good kit. I'm a bit wary of new tool manufacturers, it all fan fares and glowing reviews. And then they disappear.

Milwaukee have been around for years which i never knew , they also own kango now as well .

Milwaukee M18 CHX-402C 'FUEL' SDS+ Hammer Drill Do you think it is worth the extra money compared to the above version?

they are two different tools tbh. if your mainly fixing then the smaller one is fine, if you are going to be drilling alot of larger sized holes then the bigger one may be more suitable. Goto wonder what the bat life will be like on the larger one, a bosch 36v 4ah batt does not last long on larger holes never mind a 18v 4ah even with the added 30% gain of brushless.

bowt time these manufacturers stopped trying to keep us buying low capacity batts and just bring out 6ah as the standard. bosch has only just this last 1/2 year released 5ah and there 6ah is due now. Milwaukee are dragging the 5ah release, they should skip it and go for 6ah or higher imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Cordless SDS drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock