Search the forum,

Discuss Which cordless Makita SDS? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I want a cordless SDS for taking up ladders and stuff, has to be Makita 18V LXT body only and I cant decide between the three available.

$(KGrHqR,!qoFCTYtRTp+BQ0ezpFtb!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!g4FC6Buhk)NBQ4E(mtU1w~~60_12.JPG

MakitaBHR242Z.jpg

Bought the brushless 18v about 2 months ago been using it everyday to hang boiler and drill 30 mm holes great piece of kit but will go through batteries in no time. Comes with a quick change chuck which is very useful Bought from buyaparcel BHR243 18v OTC

small fixings holes 6 to 10 mm the top one will be fine, faster or bigger holes get the bottom one. simples :)

Thought about getting that then got the Hilti TE2a and its worth every penny and knocks spots off the makita

I'd love a Hilti or Bosch 36V believe me I've been drooling over them but I'll stick with my current battery system otherwise its more gear to slog around.

We have the bosch 36v, lithium 3 batterys its an excellent drill and nit tgat heavy.

I have also been looking at these makitas. How much is the Hilti?

I have also been looking at these makitas. How much is the Hilti?

Don't know exactly but every now and then I see one on ebay at a tempting price but there's always a catch like it only comes with one duff battery or its spares or repair.

James has got middle one Phil, it packs a punch for its size I can tell you, we have all Makita 18 v gear so makes sense, less outlay, chargers to carry etc

That 36V Bosch can't be any better than my 240V Bosch can it, at a 3rd of the price?

Just want a smallish SDS to make things a bit easier when outside clipping pipes etc, no 30mm holes that will be mains drill.

That 36V Bosch can't be any better than my 240V Bosch can it, at a 3rd of the price?

Just want a smallish SDS to make things a bit easier when outside clipping pipes etc, no 30mm holes that will be mains drill.

middle one the Phil

then why bother mate ....put them ÂŁ in the saving account

i have the top one, i paid around ÂŁ15 for the bare tool from ebay.

there not light tools tbh, if you want light id get one of the bosch 18v's or small 36v.

Last edited:
I have the 18v sds makita. It drains the batterys 3.0 like no tomorrow. Biggest hole ive drilled in brick has been 30mm lol thought my baby was going to die.

Work now on stone buildings so only can do 7mm holes now since its not really build for stone, just brick.

Best gear now is HILTI - but by heck its expensive!!!
Only makita i use on stone is the wet/dry core drill that was expensive

About a year ago I got all new Milwaukee 18v tools and I must say there the best 18v tools I've had and I had makita in the past.

I have the 18v sds makita. It drains the batterys 3.0 like no tomorrow. Biggest hole ive drilled in brick has been 30mm lol thought my baby was going to die.

Work now on stone buildings so only can do 7mm holes now since its not really build for stone, just brick.

Best gear now is HILTI - but by heck its expensive!!!
Only makita i use on stone is the wet/dry core drill that was expensive
hilti is good investment and it gets the job done with a lot less vibrations

Yes I got the one in the 2nd pic, waiting for delivery though. :(

I would be interested to know what you think of it.

I'll report back, as I said though as long as I can drill 7mm holes in stone outside without messing with extension leads I'll be happy.

Mine also, though it doesn't stop me wanting one as well, I've nearly convinces myself that I need one!

I do have a 451 but don't always keep it in the van as case its nicked, I just use a 452. The SDS will go under the seat in place of the 240V Bosch.

Very happy with Makita cordless SDS, so much easier when working outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which cordless Makita SDS? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock