Search the forum,

Discuss Which boiler should I choose, Feedback appreciated! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Touchy aren't we, Rob Foster "CentralHeatingKing" ?

See the right section for advertising your company, tradename or services, inappropriate on an open forum and not the first time.

I will get the names and models correct and add a post later this is not driven by my profit etc but by big boy feedback ie call centre fail rate and hard intervention rates ..watch this space

Still waiting, 7hrs later....

Last edited:
Touchy aren't we, Rob Foster "CentralHeatingKing" ?

See the right section for advertising your company, tradename or services, inappropriate on an open forum and not the first time.

Still waiting, 7hrs later..
we are advertising on UKPF next month I understand from our technical manager and Dan

In any of your responses you haven't once mentioned your HW demand which should actually be the most crucial aspect of your boiler/systems specification. If it it's of no concern or you live alone or there aren't many residents then get a combi. As I said go around to a willing neighbour and rather than take their word for it open two or three outlets for yourself and if the results are satisfactory you have your answer.

Thanks for your time and valued comments, there are three of us living in the property, we all shower individually and have never used two outlets simultaneously, the bath hasn't had any water in it for about 7 years :-(
I will take your advise and I will knock on some doors to test three systems which all have different manufactures, I will also obtain their general comments and this will enable me to conclude the exercise.

Look at Atag if you must go the combi route and want quality can only be supplied and fitted through a Atag install partner, I have the 27kw economiser which has built in flue heat recovery weather comp and smart control , and is very well built on hindsight I would have fitted the 39kw to get better water delivery in the winter months but hey ho only have one bathroom the 39kw will supply two outlets at the same time , but it's your choice a 4 bed I would still go with a hot water cylinder and fit that in the loft area and a wall mounted boiler if possible . Regards kop

Look at Atag if you must go the combi route and want quality can only be supplied and fitted through a Atag install partner, I have the 27kw economiser which has built in flue heat recovery weather comp and smart control , and is very well built on hindsight I would have fitted the 39kw to get better water delivery in the winter months but hey ho only have one bathroom the 39kw will supply two outlets at the same time , but it's your choice a 4 bed I would still go with a hot water cylinder and fit that in the loft area and a wall mounted boiler if possible . Regards kop
Thank You KOP, I hadn't considered the heat storage being located in the loft space which actually is a good idea, space and access not being a problem could be a good solution, I will take a look at the Atag unit and check for installers in my area.

KOP makes the point for me, he has one outlet and should've fitted the 39kw version for better water delivery (especially in Winter) for one outlet and you have three. The point is Roy, when the central heating is on the boiler is chugging away trying to provide for both and it will struggle, that's why your stored water solution was fitted in the first place albeit with an unreliable system.

Yep, go round to test your neighbour's systems when the CH is on.

Last edited:

Reply to Which boiler should I choose, Feedback appreciated! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock