Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Which adhesive and/or sealant would you say is the best? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Rob876

Rob876 Member

The question is in the title.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

for what threads?

loctite 577 or 55

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber Top Contributor!!

Depends on what you need to use it for, there's an amazing selection of different types of sealant, adhesive and hybrid sealant/adhesives, its about picking the right one for the right task.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rob876

Rob876 Member

Let's say as an adhesive to assist in fitting sinks, shower trays, toilets etc (I know not everyone uses them)

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Use the Search bar top right and type best silicone mate

• Like Like x 1
  6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

781 dow corning as a silicone adhesive
    Everbuild forever white as a final seal ( shower trays etc )
    Best adhesive out , sticks like **** . Incredible stuff .

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

I really like CT1 for these kind of jobs. It's so good, even in the wet it works well. The only downside for me is I have to not let the product turn me into a bodger.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber Top Contributor!!

Been impressed with Everbuild Forever White. Recently went back to a bathroom I worked on 5 -6 years ago and its still perfectly white and they're hardly the most on top of keeping things spotless which I know plays a big part in keeping silicone discoloration free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. townfanjon

It is good stuff , think I have been using it over 10 years now, never seen any mould yet , but it does yellow. Big plus point is you can remove it with out too much trouble .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. p16ulw

p16ulw New Member

Ct1 all day long , I have used the forever white and found it to be weak and I have also seen it turn mouldy

• Like Like x 1
  11. townfanjon

First time I have heard that , how long did it last ?

12. p16ulw

p16ulw New Member

I think it was just over a year , it was a shower room I had fitted and I had was back servicing the boiler and ended up removing the silicone round the shower base and doing it again with ct1 for free

13. townfanjon

Unbelievable that lol , never happened to me , did you spray water on it or lick your finger ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Dow Corning 785 used it for years white and clear , I also like ct1 but the white does go yellow over time which is a shame and you need their aerosol spray to tool it up properly. Kop

• Like Like x 1