Search the forum,

Discuss where to go? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LEIGH

I'm nearly 19 and never knew what I wanted to do so I completed my a-levels these finished june. I have been 5 months looking for a job with no luck. Haven't got money for fast track courses online. I can't go to college full time as I do need to earn too. think places are full anyway. I've decided to apply for jobseekers. Can I go to college aswell as apply for jobseekers? could jobseekers send me on plumbing course which could guarantee me a job. How do I break into plumbing? I could borrow money to do fast track course but are you allowed to claim job seekers the same time. can somebody point me in right direction please as I really wan't to make ago of this, thank you

In 1993 i packed in plumbers mate job went to college full time and got 10 pounds on top of jobseekers allowence , The social security office seemed to leave me alone untill nvq2 and nvq3 were completed. Im not sure wether your local college offer this sort of setup but if so and you can manage till course finished it could be a option , your local collegge may also point you towards prospective employers as was the case with me.

good luck let us know how you get on

Best bet at your age mate is either contact connexions who will advise you on courses, funding, living expenses and career options or even call your local college who can discuss course costs and funding etc.

alot of the main colleges offer the tech cert as 1 day a week part time.

Since you have your a-levels, have you looked in to what uni or higher education courses there are out there?

i found out when i was 24 that all us british citizens are entitled to 4 years worth of free tuition fees and can claim student loans for higher education studiest o live...i did a HND then a degree and its only now that im doing my plumbing quali at 33.

Not trying to make your mind up here but your in a great position to do a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where to go? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock