Search the forum,

Discuss Where is BEST to Train in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iceman75

(first of all for-give any spelling mistakes)

Hi all, looking to train in plumbing and looked at PPL/VIY and BTSC, all offer about the same but in diffrent areas.

Can any one reconmend were to go or any other places too look at :confused:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where you live, but try NTPS training, Hyde, Manchester. See my other posts on this subject. I keep banging on about them but they really are good.

Good luck

Hi
I'm currently doing c&g 6129 with OLCI in Bristol.Tutors are great, really friendly,helpful and knowledgeable.Cost wise I paid £5621 back in August last year and work through at my own pace around current job. I also got the part P electrical course chucked in with it(cost of arond £850 mark ,but you pay registration fee of something like £250,so all in about £1100)
Make sure you get what you're told your going to get when you sign up(as the clerical side in London are a nightmare.Left hand hasn't met the right type thing!!
I think there are about 11 OLCI centres nationwide
I don't know what area you are in.
I did a lot of research into different providers and found them to be the best option for me.
You can do the course full time in about 8 weeks.As I said I'm doing it part time as it's quite a lot to digest all in one block(I think my brain may hurt if I did full time).
Hope this helps and good luck, it's a really enjoyable course

Thanks for the info, ill look them up too see what they can offer!

all the people who have trained at NTPS have nothing but good to say. A mate signed up with OLCI for a 2 year course with nothing to pay for the first year but that was because he never heard from them for a year - they just sent the book and left him to read it for 12 months! NTPS - no flannel you get what they say on the tin!!

forgot to say 6129 cost me 3800 + vat with a water regs course and a basic tool kit and the reference book.

forgot to say 6129 cost me 3800 + vat with a water regs course and a basic tool kit and the reference book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where is BEST to Train in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team. Due to rising Industry demand we currently have vacancies for full time posts...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m hoping someone can help – I need a bit of advice / help as I'm not sure if the recent cold spell is too much for the UFH in the main living space (it's a barn conversion so 25ft high vaulted area) and I've checked all I can think of. It's 15 degrees despite all looking to be OK to me...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock