Search the forum,

Discuss Where can I find 7/8" nut-to-nut flex hose? (photos) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjexpat

Hi everyone.

My very first post on this forum ... I recently moved into a new house and immediately discovered a leak under the bath :-(

It's a 2-tap + central spout system, with water being supplied separately to the hot & cold taps, which are both connected separately to the central spout by a short braided s/steel flex. One of the flexes had sprung a leak.

The flexes are "nut to nut" (probably not the right term? - but see photos) - the nuts are 7/8". Both ends are identical. I can't find replacements in any of the main DIY stores or at merchants. Have also tried Internet searches including USA suppliers.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement for this? Any help hugely appreciated.

IMG_2562.JPG
IMG_2563.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
will be either 1/2 or 3/8 threaded

Thanks everyone for the replies. I had to get on Google to understand what you meant but I now understand British Standard Pipe metrics ! :)

Referring to the standard BSP dimensions I think it has to be 1/2 threaded:

- the diameter of the circular interior of the nut is a tiny fraction smaller than 21mm
- measuring the [male] thread on the pipe, I count 5 threads for a little under 1/2 inch of threading - can't get a scientifically precise measurement (the pipe is in an awkward place to access) but it's pretty clear that in proportion that's going to be 14 threads per inch rather than anything else on the bsp table.

Haven't been able to measure pitch however.

So - on this basis - am I right that it is 1/2 threaded, and can anyone recommend where I might find a replacement flex in the UK?

Unless those fingers are small I reckon 3/4", take the old one with you to be certain.

Chalked - that looks perfect. And they have a branch near me. Thanks a million.

RPM - sound advice, will do

Thanks again !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where can I find 7/8" nut-to-nut flex hose? (photos) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock