Search the forum,

Discuss Where are my hot and cold water stop valves (stop cocks)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Valvequestion

Hi,

I've been wanting to find out where exactly the stop valves (stop cocks) for hot and cold water are. Hopefully one of you can help me with this!

I took some photos and numbered the valves - here's the link: Where are the hot and cold water stop valves? - Album on Imgur

Could you please help me? Thank you so much!

Emily

2 Turns your hot water off by stopping cold water coming into the bottom of the cylinder.

I can't really see what the other valves are doing from the angle of the photo. Turn them off one by one and see when your bath tap stops running.

Do not have your heating on when you do this.

When you put them back to their original position, give them a half turn in the opposite direction as this will stop them from sticking.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where are my hot and cold water stop valves (stop cocks)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock