Search the forum,

Discuss When fitting sanitary ware do you struggle to drill holes into tiles? We can help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

Arguably fitting sanitary ware to finished bathrooms is one of the last jobs and potentially the time when things can go wrong.

The cost of broken tiles, chipped finishes caused by incorrect drilling and installation can ruin a brilliant project.

contemporary_bathroom.jpg

With the tiles on the wall all we need to do is fit out sanitary ware. Above you can see that the bath, toilet and sink are complete.

But what is missing? Yes the towel rails, the tooth brush holder, soap dish, loo roll holder, radiator. Etc Etc.

So what do you need to help you save time and money?

We provide the BATHROOM FITTERS KIT.

kit2.jpg

This kit is going to help you install the pipework for your sanitary ware. Example waste pipes, 15mm water feeds, 22mm water feeds, shower heads, body jets.

3yell.jpg
All bathrooms need holes... For standard service pipes above AND fixtures & fittings

And the kit is also going to help you install the bathroom accessories because it has a pack of 2 x 6mm cores and 2 x 8mm cores which are very handy for those small rawl plug sizes.

A third use?
But in addition to the standard service pipes and the fixings there are other sizes to drill in a bathroom as well.... One example if you look above at the photo is that sink. To fit it onto the wall you need to use a Fisher Fixing Kit.

The bolt is 12mm and yet the kit does not have the right size diamond core drill.

Solution?

drillingtiles2.jpg
Take a look at this photo. We have drilled TWO holes.
1) The 16mm hole from the Bathroom Fitters Kit
2) THe 30mm hole from the Bathroom Fitters Kit.

And yet you can see that the 30mm is perfect for fitting the Fisher Fixing Kit to the wall. Thats because the sink will back onto the tile and you will NEVER see that size hole once the appliance is bolted into place. The 30mm gives you room to breath. If you drill the tile when fitted to the wall you can then drill through it with a masonary HAMMER ACTION SDS drill without fear of breaking the tile.

If you were to use the 16mm diamond core tile drill in the pack there would be no room for error as you drill out the masonary behind to fit the Fisher Fixing Kit.

The same story is true for the 10mm anchor bolts holding down the loo pan. Simply cut out 30mm plugs into the floor tile and you have the perfect access point to install your loo bolts. As you know the loo pan bolts are offset (at an angle) so drilling a 30mm plug out of a tile prior to bolting down the pan gives you freedom to angle your bolt without fear of cracking the tile.

In fact our Bathroom Fitters Kit is so popular we even supply it to Corgi-Direct as part of their online sales and their brochure sales.

Corgi Direct sell this brilliant solution - Check it online at their website

But you can also find it (plus other sizes) for sale at the factory outlet website.

[DLMURL="http://www.*********.com/"]This is the factory outlet where you can buy direct from the Sheffield factory. [/DLMURL]

"I want decent reliable gear that wont let me down plus value for money. And at £49.99 a kit or £7.15 per drill that provides an easily quantifiable cost I can add to my customers’ invoice"
Andy Alpin - Commercial London Tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When fitting sanitary ware do you struggle to drill holes into tiles? We can help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock