Search the forum,

Discuss Whats wrong with going to college? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheets

I dont understand why so many blokes go on these course rather than sign up to a college course, I know they can get full early but you are getting a great standard of teaching and for a fraction of the price £1300 for a full time year level 2 course, I am on one and its 3 days a week Wed-Thur 9-4 and Friday 9-12 plenty of time for a full or part time job.

I looked at these training centres and backed away at the price and standard of teaching and the whole "sale" of the course.

I have found that at college you have to put the work in to get the reward, dont know how it is at these training centres.

how is it plenty of time for a full time job when your on your course wed,thur,fri ?

Agreed and in my college you are surrounded by stunning girls all day it is worth going in for that alone.

Put simply,
if at college you have to have an employer, who is willing to spend 4 hours a week doing paperwork, get employers liability insurance, train you up and deal with your mess ups, which is very rare especially in these reccession days.

I dont know if you have an employer or not but if not then you are doing tech cert, which is pretty much useless if you dont have an employer to take you on.

NVQ is what you need.

Now training centres, they play with the rules shall we say, they may as well guarantee a pass.

the course means you can become a plumber with no previous on site experience and you can become a plumber within months rather then years.

the cost, you spend £5000, but theoretically you could earn that back within 12 months, aswell as training.

Now the big point, birds, there are not many birds in plumbing so you will find very little to distract you, although you are there 5 days a week, so a lot goes in, in a small amount of time, how much of that is remembered after you pass your exams?

I have used training centre for nvq and done tech cert at college, very dissapointed at training centre, cost me £1200 for nvq course.
£1 per mile for visit £36 per visit, 4 visits = £144

£500 to do brothers bathroom for nvq, (very difficult to tell customers that i am taking pipe all the way out of the room costing an extra £150 in pipe)
£500 to do mates bathroom.

and finally, plumbers hate you for doing fast track, nobody will employ fast track plumbers, (see pimlico plumbers website).
so why do hundreds of people use fast track courses???

because there is a belief that plumbers earn £60,000 plus per year????

oh and the fast track course i used will not let me speak to an assessor to discuss visits until the day of the visit, they did not offer me any advice until the assessor is there and when they turned up they saw me do very little.

useless is not even the word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats wrong with going to college? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock