Search the forum,

Discuss what's this valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Anyone know what the dome straight above the stopcock is (see pic)?

valve.jpg

Look under the black flap and see numbers.

Last edited:
never seen one like that but I don't see that it can be anything but a water meter as Simon says.

Possibly ! ! in line shock arrestor , as cant see any dials for it to be meter

it looks more like a serial plate from what I can make out. Rather than a flap. But could be wrong.

Sounds like it's a water meter. When I'm next there, I'll look behind it for a gauge and flap. Thanks.

just in case theres an arguement here, its a meter for water usage:)

Just put search in for it and its way over my head. Dihydrogen monoxide lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What we don't know tho' is why the O.P wanted to know.

Curiosity?
It's in the way?
It's noisey?
Someone said they wanted to come in and read the meter under the sink and the O.P didn't beleive them?
It's the wrong colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what's this valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock