Search the forum,

Discuss what's this valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Anyone know what the dome straight above the stopcock is (see pic)?

valve.jpg

Look under the black flap and see numbers.

Last edited:
never seen one like that but I don't see that it can be anything but a water meter as Simon says.

Possibly ! ! in line shock arrestor , as cant see any dials for it to be meter

it looks more like a serial plate from what I can make out. Rather than a flap. But could be wrong.

Sounds like it's a water meter. When I'm next there, I'll look behind it for a gauge and flap. Thanks.

just in case theres an arguement here, its a meter for water usage:)

Just put search in for it and its way over my head. Dihydrogen monoxide lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What we don't know tho' is why the O.P wanted to know.

Curiosity?
It's in the way?
It's noisey?
Someone said they wanted to come in and read the meter under the sink and the O.P didn't beleive them?
It's the wrong colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what's this valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the manuals, possibly a rainwater drain? Was told by the person from Vaillant that it was an A A V (auto air vent), but she didn't sound too certain! Can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock