Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog

Gas Engineer
Hello everyone,
It has been some time since my last thread.
Question
Whats the best boiler to fit for your money£££ and also for little money, that offer reliability and value for money.

Topdog

As above, fitted a ideal logic+30 combi boiler the other day, really good piece of kit and £400 cheaper than the equivalent Worcester bosch.

Baxi duo tec, as long as you can put up with poor after service. Never fitted the ideal logic, but heard good things.

Obviously Intergas for top of the range. Budget Combi Ideal Independent, Budget heat only Main HE.

Logic plus is great value for money. Can't bring myself to fit a dirty, leaky baxi.

Baxi duo tec, as long as you can put up with poor after service. Never fitted the ideal logic, but heard good things.

Poor after service? Heat team out perform all others all if the time up here . Wb can take over a week for no heating no hot water fault heat team same day.

Poor after service? Heat team out perform all others all if the time up here . Wb can take over a week for no heating no hot water fault heat team same day.

Ive heard differing reports. Vaillants back up is ace, same day most often. That's if you need them, which isn't very often.

Ive heard differing reports. Vaillants back up is ace, same day most often. That's if you need them, which isn't very often.

We only fit Baxi ideal and valiant. If you want wb or some other pap jog on. Baxi leaky horrible boilers? You not thinking of greenstar?

This is a lovely boiler !
ugu4eje9.jpg

You need to look at more than just cost. If you look at it as a cost of how long it lasts and stays reliable you will not beat a vaillant. The only boiler I would fit in my house.

I'd fit anything in mine. Couldn't care less what it is as long as i get it for free :wink:

Sometimes a crystall ball is required. I've recently seen le blancs and old ferrolis still running , who knew !

I'd fit anything in mine. Couldn't care less what it is as long as i get it for free :wink:

Not me, can't think of anything worse than my own boiler quitting, and having to fix it after work or at the weekend. And the absolute worse thing would be my Mrs nagging the life out of me!

You need to look at more than just cost. If you look at it as a cost of how long it lasts and stays reliable you will not beat a vaillant. The only boiler I would fit in my house.

Needs another 100kg+ to be any good ;)

Not me, can't think of anything worse than my own boiler quitting, and having to fix it after work or at the weekend. And the absolute worse thing would be my Mrs nagging the life out of me!

I wouldn't dream of fixing it. If it goes wrong it gets dragged off the wall and scrapped :lol:

wouldnt fit another remeha avanta, to much grief fm some I have! intergas are the only thing for me

We all agree that merchants should offer a 10 year warrenty...........

Nah - pretty soon someone would be boasting about their 11 yr upgrade, and someone else would be moaning that long warranties meant less replacement work.

Nah - pretty soon someone would be boasting about their 11 yr upgrade, and someone else would be moaning that long warranties meant less replacement work.

I love these long warranties, servicings easy work. You know how long they'll take, and custs have no choice to keep there warranty. Never had so much servicing.

Obviously Intergas for top of the range. Budget Combi Ideal Independent, Budget heat only Main HE.

Have been reading about the intergas in various posts always with high regard. Never fitted one. Are they that good Mike? Why? Always liked the Vaillant's that I fit if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock