Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best Blow Torch to get? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo recommend the Rothenberger SF 2, great torch. I know you can also buy the new SF 3 online, never used one but I think you have to buy gas refills that only fit that torch so probs one to steer clear of for the time being.

the best gas bottle ever hasnt been invented yet coz when yer trying ter light yer ***, if yer not carefull they will catch yer beard on fire!!!!

ive had a few, i usually mess em up by getting flux in them! maybe i shouldnt use them to put flux on eh???????????
cannot remember what my most recent one is, got fed up lookin, just use it to cook the solder and copper! tthe first one i had was great cannot remember its name and havnt seen one since. should check it out, it was cool.............or hot

im currently using the turbo torch extreme for the last couple of years and have been very happy with it although the piezo is starting to play up, am thinking of trying the bullfynch one from bes similar to the turbo torch. ive been through bout 2 or 3 superfire 2s and found them to fall apart to easily for my liking.

ive got the monument gasex at the moment. nice neat flame, doesnt feel like youve got a flame thrower.

just to update my previous post on this thread, ive just received my bullfinch firepower and it feels very solid with a nice neat flame. cost wise its half the price of the super fire 2 and hopefully twice as tough. (though thats not saying much)

[DLMURL="http://www.industrysafetytraining.co.uk/prods/81.html"]1660 BULLFINCH AUTO PERFORMER HEAD[/DLMURL]
this is the other one i have it cremates 15mm think its faulty

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Superfire 2 in the end and I can't rate it enough....everytime my joints are perfect...thanks to all who posted here...i really do appreciate all your comments!!

Where's the cheapest/best deal to be had for the bullfinch?

Last edited:
I use a quickfire , i have got a superfire 2 aswell,but i always use my quickfire.

Where's the cheapest/best deal to be had for the bullfinch?

Looks to me like the Bullfinch can be found un-branded at poofix and poostation, ÂŁ5 cheaper at poostation though. I'm in the market for a new one (Don't tell 'em what I'm using now Kev...)

Here's the one I'm probably going to get and a pic of the bullfinch one to compare.

Toolstation > Hand Tools > Soldering Torches & Accessories > Piezo Ignition Turbo Torch

130.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best Blow Torch to get? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock