Search the forum,

Discuss Whats is the rules regarding the below now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I was in the process of removing a back boiler fire for a combi , the cust did orignally go with an electric fire where the back boiler fire once was. Today they changed their mind and want the old fire left and working. Obviously the bbu is going to be decommissioned but didng the regs change on leaving a working fire in this scenario ??

Or am i wrong

I’m still under the impression, that as long as the builders opening is sealed and the gas to the bbu is capped off... it’s okay.

Thought it wasn’t allowed
Best to check with the manufacturer or gas safe

Baxi did a tb on this phone back up and get them to email it you across

I went through this last year , rang Baxi , rang GS , both said you could, but , er if it goes **** up it your fault. I wouldn’t refit the fire in the end .

I would decommission the Boiler (drained and disconnected from Gas and electricity and Labelled as such), Leave fire working.
What difference does it make. When the whole thing is working there's no law that says you MUST use the Boiler. You could also Block the ventilation for it provided it falls within all relevant criteria for gas fires and is safe.

Reply to Whats is the rules regarding the below now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock