Search the forum,

Discuss whats happening to cause my bath waste to leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bath has a central plug hole with a pipe to wall and waste. Out of the blue it has started leaking from a joint downstream to the waste , - see green arrow in photo. It happens when unplugging the bath to drain for about 30 seconds and then stops. Could have been hit by vacuum cleaner recently....
IMG_9482.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9482.jpg
    IMG_9482.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
That's an anti-siphon valve which helps prevent gurgling noises and also helps effective draining. It's probably stuck in the open position. You may be able to free it up. If you look into the opening you'll see a spindle. Try moving that up & down a bit. If not, they are not expensive to replace.

Hi
As post above :stupid::stupid:

But looking how low it is installed, it's probably blocked. Causing water to back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whats happening to cause my bath waste to leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new white PVC joined the existing grey PVC. I cut a hole in the ceiling and could also easily view it with the bath panel off but not access it from there...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with plumbers gold 🤣 - so decided to replace it and do some remodelling of the plumbing in the airing cupboard while it was all pulled out. before, during, &...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all. Apologies if this is not the right forum to post my question. I recently purchased a house which had water leaking from the shower tray into the room below. It wasn't too bad but I could see the water marks in the ceiling. Since I'm not from the area, I got a few plumber recommendations...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock