Search the forum,

Discuss What’s app group for engineers !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dutchie79

Gas Engineer
Anyone been added to a whats app group for “engineers” ??????

Added today to my first and no joke, one of the first posts was “is this ok ????”

Can’t add a picture to this but it was a picture of a hob with the gas line running down the center of wall immediately behind it.

Second question was how do I refill a conventional heating system ???

Nope but on a few Facebook ones find a lot of them on there are short courses / new engys

Most of the questions / responses are taking the pee

Eg why are / what’s the lines / arrows for on a trv

Don’t class this as social media I’m not telling anyone about my dinner or tagging myself in at the pub.

This morning I woke to 4 selfies - because Sunday is selfie Sunday apparently - and some dude who’s “5 years in the trade” asking if the heating comes on when hot water is running should he change the divertor !!!!

F this

I’m out

Deleted, blocked - thank you and good night

I tried a few of the Facebook pages in the past but I found half the questions were like "the boiler won't fire I've tried pcb fan electrodes diverter heat exchanger" and it's like they want you to tell then what part to try next and if you say test this or that they ignore you and then go with Fred who said it's the flux capacitor.

You then also get the people that will rip an install to pieces because they would of put 1 extra clip in but it's usually the ones that never put their pictures up.

Then there were a couple of things you should never do

1) never mention pricing because if your not charging £1m for a boiler change and £100k for a boiler service then you are too cheap and are ruining the trade, also remember that all areas can charge exactly the same and everybody should charge the same as London prices.

2) never ask which boilers are the best as the Worcester boys (most of which are installers only not many fans that do breakdowns) start shouting everybody down and then even worse are the viessman boys will start spouting specs and how they are the best installers going and how they never have any problems.

Then there are a couple of things you should do

1) empty your van into someone's house take a photo of all your tools in someone's kitchen on your brand new dust sheets and say this is me doing a boiler service if your not bringing a compressor in then your not doing it right.

2) slag off everybody else because you are the best and if other people are busier than you it's because they are too cheap and a busy fool.

Will leave this here

66AE96F8-4CB6-4D96-ABA0-400BF60FA0FD.png

Like it when he says 110 has to be grey as brown / orange isn’t rated correct orange isn’t :D

Reply to What’s app group for engineers !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock