Search the forum,

Discuss what you use then lads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

going to get a new set pipe benders this week and im wondering
what all you lads are useing and what you class as werth buying or to stay away from i use to have a roth set but they got nicked i like the hilmor benders ill use them for 15mm/22mm so im not looking for a small set but a full size set so can we have a vote then lads what is the most popular set out there cost isnt a prob they will get used a bit too if i get on the next plumbing course soon :cool:

roth
hilmor :confused::rolleyes:
forge steel
screwfix own make

does the pipe sit nice in the bender as my old set of roth's used too strangle
the pipe pinch the bend had to pall the pipe out of the bender

does the pipe sit nice in the bender as my old set of roth's used too strangle
the pipe pinch the bend had to pall the pipe out of the bender
The pipe sits in the bender like a slipper on a chickens lip.

hilmor looks the way to go
theres some sets on ebay hilmor reconditioned are they any good

i think they are as good as new ones if i were to need a new set i would go for them.

hilmor pipe benders and glm hilmor pipe benders i dont thin you cen bend 22mm pipe WHAT GIVES LADS COME ON HELP

you can most certainly bend 22mm pipe but you have to have muscles like arnold schwarzenegger (spelt that right first time!) the benders have guides for 15mm and 22mm.

Irwin Hilmor Pipe Bender 15/22m - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys
dont say nout about 22mm

Irwin Hilman GLM Pipe Bender - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

what ones do i get

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend of mine nearly kills himself with laughter when watching me bend 22mm. He can do it at any angle with or without support, etc.

I jump up and down on my (Hilmor) and even then I'm not quite heavy enough on some days - once I get the bend going I'm okay, but it's the starting bit that hassles me.

I've tried spinach, porridge and so on ... :eek:

yhanks m8 its just one says you can use it inb a vice and i think it bends funny sized pipes and it dont say nout about 22mm pipe

Both look identical to me. I use Hilmors, and they have a square section that can fit in a vice....I don't think many plumbers carry a vice around in their van though, so it's fairly pointless.

Most benders do the job....the only reason I use Himors is they were given to me free as part of my first plumbing course...govenment funded course with a £300 tool allowance....that was back when there was a massive shortage of plumbers. Now people want to rip you off for the same course.

just get the cheapo set off ebay, half the price you looking at, will do the same job.

when you have more experience upgrade, simple

eco

Friend of mine nearly kills himself with laughter when watching me bend 22mm. He can do it at any angle with or without support, etc.

I jump up and down on my (Hilmor) and even then I'm not quite heavy enough on some days - once I get the bend going I'm okay, but it's the starting bit that hassles me.

I've tried spinach, porridge and so on ... :eek:

If you struggle with 22 (I do), put one lever end onto the ground, then pull the other lever with one hand whilst pulling on the pipe with the other hand.

Much easier!

If you struggle with 22 (I do), put one lever end onto the ground, then pull the other lever with one hand whilst pulling on the pipe with the other hand.

Much easier!

I'm not strong enough to do it like that - I have to put one end on ground then jump on the blighter ...

the best way iv seen it to be done is set the pipe in place and then put a bender arm in to your forarm then pall in to you sorted or just jump on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what you use then lads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock