Search the forum,

Discuss What will happen if I turn this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gemwills

Still trying to trouble shoot the problem with my electric economy 7 water heater. No plumbers seem to be available in Liverpool on a Saturday!

I have two things I can turn, one is the red valve which I won't turn because I was told not too and the other is this one: what does it do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 132
looks like a pressure reducing valve or a blow off dont not turn if it is

It's another safety relief valve... Twist it round if you want a jet of water down the safety pipe!

I think we come to the conclusion last night you need a plumber Gem ;)

Its very dangereous to fiddle with unvented water heaters without knowing what you are doing. Potentialy you can create a bomb inside your house.

Dont beleive me? Check out this video

I know, but I thought...one last shot!

So the plot thickens!! Landlord brought around his electrician friend last night after seeing the picture of the burnt out wire...turns out one of the elements is broken too. So he switched the wires around so I could have the boost working, as soon as they left, it started bubbling over really loudly...this is where I feel the bomb comment comes in! I was so scared. I turned it all off and haven't touched it. Landlord is bringing a plumber friend tomorrow because apparently it's also got leaks and the pipes are corroded. FUN!!

Ensure that the plumber friend is G3 qualified

We're a caring bunch really. And there are so many have a go heroes out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What will happen if I turn this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock