Search the forum,

Discuss What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my footies arrived today and i must say they look very good. i can't wait to give them a test.

You need to drag yourself away from the computer first mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nice work you found a apprenticeship, same thing my fitter did work experience then he got offered a fulltime job. When i did installs for my first job i didnt buy tools untill about 10 months later. Most of the time you just borrow of your fitter, most fitters have like mutiple sets off pipe slices and when the wheels break they buy a brand new one instead of replacing the wheel lol. Now i do maintence i dont bother bringing tools in, i justborrow.

Tools i would get are
Rothernberg slices brand
Bahco spanners
8" or 10" stillsons
10" pump pliers rothernberger
Go system blowtorch like 25 quid on ebay, dont bother buying heatmat and flux just get it off your firm
Pencils from argos or ikea (free ones)
Junior hacksaw
Hammer
Screwdriver set (ratched one is handy for weak apprentice :) )
Stanley fatmax open tote bag

ahh well today my companys top man came along and had a word with me and told me that due to the current ecconomic world he cant take me on as a plumbing apprentice but its ok for me to do like 3 months unpaid work for him so say that ?? so i am now looking for an apprenticeship in the fife area of scotland any help would be realy appresheated thanks

Sorry to hear that. Times are hard everywhere at the moment. Hope you get something sorted.

I've got too many tools already, can carry them about any more cuae of my back

just keep a core selection in a smaller toolbox or bag and leave the rest in your vehicle and save your back

Thanks, I tired that but working in London sometimes means parking miles from the house or office, I need a trolley to load my stuff onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock