Search the forum,

Discuss What temp do most people set their boilers to ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have a vaillant combi and i have had the heating set at 60C. However i have just had a new main combi installed on a property i rent out and we had the heating on 80C (its max) to see how it performed this aft. Well the house really got hot quickly and the rads were too hot to touch.

I was impressed with this performance on a high temp, but wouldnt normally have it so hot.

So i wondered what temps do you all set the boilers you install at ?

My vaillant goes up to a max of 75C. And i think it has been running a bit to cold at 60C. We do have a much bigger house than the one worked on today, so i think i really do need to put the temp up for our own house. I will try 65C

I leave them on 70 this gives you some leeway if the weather turnes cold, boiler will shut down when room stat satisfied.

Marsaday :)

You'd have to check out the radiator manufactureres recomendations to be honest but old school of thought is HOT! The kW output of a radiator is determined only at a certain temperature. 80 plus comes to mind but don't quote me on that! With the onset of Condensing boilers the manufatureres have always recomended upsizing the radiators to compensate for the differing flow & return temps! A rad will always pump out more heat the hotter it is :) Kind of obvious I know!!! :lol:

i just leave the dt 200 control my heating i set it at 20 wifey then turns it up to 23 when i go to work

all depends on what flow temp system was designed for, old way was 11c drop, new way is 20c drop across flow and return
imo

Could be gettin towards that meneepauseee thing mate! Best polish as well next Sunday!

Most condensing boilers condense for longer when the return temp is around 55 degrees. Ideally you want to keep it condensing for longer, for energy efficiency
So the way that I always do it, when setting up a new system or balancing an existing system is:
Add the differential across the flow and return onto the 55 degrees,
Therefore if the diff is 18 degrees, set the flow to 73 degrees

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
Most condensing boilers condense for longer when the return temp is around 55 degrees.
It's not that the boilers condense for longer when the return temperature is about 55C but that condensing will only happen if the return temperature is below 55C. How much condensing occurs is related to the flow temperature - the lower it is the more heat is extracted from the water vapour in the flue gasses.

Ideally you want to keep it condensing for longer, for energy efficiency
Agreed. This is where weather compensation wins over on/off controls. The warmer the weather, the lower the flow and return temperatures and consequently the more heat extracted from the flue gasses.

Hello fellas,
I've got a 'Vaillant VCW AT 194/2 XE-C H'. A boiler man came round to look at it because I had a F28 error which I couldn't reset. He noticed a disconnected wire - charged me a fortune!
Anyway, the temp dial on the front now reads about 70 and goes up to 80 when the hot water is running, is this too high?
He said the system might need flushing through to get sludge out, which costs lots of money where I live - but I'm surprised if it does because i took off two rads in the living room and blasted them through myself a few weeks ago and they weren't too dirty.
So am at a loss of what it could be, any suggestions would be great thanks???
Rich

Hello fellas,
I've got a 'Vaillant VCW AT 194/2 XE-C H'. A boiler man came round to look at it because I had a F28 error which I couldn't reset. He noticed a disconnected wire - charged me a fortune!
Anyway, the temp dial on the front now reads about 70 and goes up to 80 when the hot water is running, is this too high?
He said the system might need flushing through to get sludge out, which costs lots of money where I live - but I'm surprised if it does because i took off two rads in the living room and blasted them through myself a few weeks ago and they weren't too dirty.
So am at a loss of what it could be, any suggestions would be great thanks???
Rich

I'd suggest you register with the forum and start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What temp do most people set their boilers to ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock