Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss What on Earth!! Retro Dolphin Shower ensuite. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mary Tinsley

Mary Tinsley New Member

Hi Everyone,

Restoring a 50's house currently and cam along this little gem in one of the bedrooms!! Anyone seen anything like this before?? :)

IMG-20190104-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190104-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190104-WA0003.jpg

2. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

wow! No I have never come across one of those before, think there might be one or two regs that its contravening :D:confused:

Is that grey electrical wires that are dangling at the top of the shower?

3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Blimey :eek::eek::eek: get that ripped out , how things have changed . Cheers Kop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WC1

WC1 Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

Don't destroy it, someone may want it for historical significance / museum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mary Tinsley

Mary Tinsley New Member

Yes!! Don't think I will be testing it out !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mary Tinsley

Mary Tinsley New Member

I did wonder, but wouldn't have a clue who!!

8. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

I was just thinking, with a bit of tweaking it could work well in a van/truck campervan conversion. Get rid of the electrics in the shower and hook it up to solar water panels (not pv) and would work a treat. You might even find someone on one of the conversion facebook pages that would take it off your hands.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mary Tinsley

Mary Tinsley New Member

Thats' a great idea!! I will look into it, don't really want to just chuck it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

I'll try and dig out some links to some suitable fb groups this evening when I can get on the other half's facebook. Where abouts are you located roughly if you don''t mind me asking?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mary Tinsley

Mary Tinsley New Member

I'm in North Shropshire. Thank you.

12. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Not too far from myself then (west mids), I'll have an ask around as well, have a couple of different mates with various projects on the go who might be interested.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mary Tinsley

Mary Tinsley New Member

Thank you that's very kind :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tomplumb83

tomplumb83 Plumber

£££££ I bet that cost a fortune!
    Must be late 80s early 90s? They went bust in about 07ish.
    They used to go round, quote 25k for a standard bathroom, a dozen calls later the customer could haggle them down to 10k and they'd still be making a fortune - fitters paid a pittance and the standard of work amongst the worst. Hence why they went bust
    Used to see the showers with the mirrors every now and again. Haven't seen one for a while

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  15. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

It would have been twice the normal price just because it had Dolphin on it.
    Quote from Dolphin's current website;
    " Dolphin Showers UK " invented showering back in the 1950's .We are market leaders in all that is new in showering.

• Like Like x 1