Search the forum,

Discuss What is this? Why are there two pipes on this radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twopipes

Hi, was wondering if anyone could tell me why there are two pipes here on my radiator in the picture, and how I can remove this type of twopipes.jpg radiator from the wall? The other side has one standard pipe. Please help :( Thanks.

Hi, I'm not sure, I htink so :-S I have just never seen a radiator with two separate pipes going from the vertical pipe into the radiator itself...

There are twin pipe rad valves but as far as I can tell from your photo that is not one of them. Is it possible to have another picture from the side as well as the top ?

Hi thanks for your replies. Sorry I don't have a better photo right now, I'll try to get one and post it.

just top add, there are two horizontal pipes (not sure if this is what they are called in the trade?) coming out of the single vertical pipe and going into the radiator.

Looks like a single pipe with a 15X15X1/2" tee with a Draw off cock screwed in, for draining the system.

I would be more worried about the big green thing:50:

does it make a noise when you touch it !!!

Looks like a single pipe with a 15X15X1/2" tee with a Draw off cock screwed in, for draining the system.
That's all I see too.

A pic with both ends of the rad in shot might be a good idea if that's not the answer you're after.

Looks like a normal rad with drain point fitted below valve, you just remove rad the same way as any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is this? Why are there two pipes on this radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock