1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss What is this valve please? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

  1. Badkin

    Badkin New Member

    I'm guessing it's a check valve / non return valve, but I've never seen one like this before. It's leaking and needs replacing. Any advice welcome.

  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Nrv normally

    But also seen a couple as iso valves
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Stigster

    Stigster Plumber

    It's a verifiable double check valve. The removable test plug is there to check that the valve is working. If you depressurise the upstream section of pipework and open the test point, water should not flow from the opening which shows the valve is closing and preventing backflow from the downstream pipework.

    I have the same one on my desk here now. It can be replaced with any kind of modern double check. The only issue is finding one the same length otherwise you may need to alter the pipework to get anew one to fit.
    • Informative Informative x 4
  4. Badkin

    Badkin New Member

    Thanks Stigstet. That males semse - it's on the feed for outside tap. It'll only take a few minutes to mod the pipework .
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Roy_66

    Roy_66 Member

    Its the end of the winter. If you have hard water then these kind of valves often gum up. So try to energise it now and again over winter etc. Also try to organise it somewhere easy to take off and change or clean.

    • Like Like x 1
Similar Threads - valve please Forum Date
Radiator valve tool - better options please Central Heating Forum Jun 26, 2019
Valve ID`s required please? Central Heating Forum Jun 15, 2019