Search the forum,

Discuss What is this fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sportston

Hi My name is Tom I am new here. Would anyone be able to tell me what the fitting arrowed below is please? It is leaking but I don't know what it is to order a replacement.
Thanks
Plumbing leak.jpg

pressure relief valve, and you had best get a heating engineer in to find out why its leaking as a fault elswhere may be causing the problem.

pressure relief valve, and you had best get a heating engineer in to find out why its leaking as a fault elswhere may be causing the problem.

Ah I thought it looked like a pressure release. Thanks for letting me know. Reason it is leaking is due to age/corrosion I think. The heating isn't even turned on and the pipes are cold.

Ah I thought it looked like a pressure release. Thanks for letting me know. Reason it is leaking is due to age/corrosion I think. The heating isn't even turned on and the pipes are cold.

Even more of a reason to call an engineer in.

Heat destroys the seal on those relief valves. Looks like a 3/4" valve. A better relief valve would be the type with a round head on them, often red & they can be got with different pressure limits.

Heat destroys the seal on those relief valves. Looks like a 3/4" valve. A better relief valve would be the type with a round head on them, often red & they can be got with different pressure limits.

Yeah!, stick a six bar prv in and it will never leak again.

The valve pictured was originally fitted to open vented gravity systems.

As has been said, get someone who knows about systems older than 10 years to sort it out.

As has been said, get someone who knows about systems older than 10 years to sort it out.

3bar not 6 bar

and if, as I hinted, your system has a blockage in it and you turn it on, you may find your dealing with a sealed system and not a gravity fed one, which is why you need a plumber to check its all ok

I know it is a valve fitted to ov systems, - they were often used straight into oil boilers here years ago. They could have been set at any tightness & therefore pressure limit & that's partly why I hate them. I should have added that the proper valve which may be 3bar max needs a discharge to outside obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is this fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock