Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss What is this called that I need to replace in my shower? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. alichambersUK

alichambersUK Member

Hi - I'm replacing a leaking guttering type seal in my shower.

What is the part called that I need to get, circled in red?

Thanks.

IMG_20190610_165959.jpg

IMG_20190610_170018.jpg

2. Mastermixlee

Mastermixlee GSR

Goes by different names based on brand/website. But generally you'll find it by searching for bath/shower quadrant seal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

And I wouldn’t use any of it. Raise the shower tray and silicone it properly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Your local UPVC roofing merchants will stock it .

5. Andy duncan

Andy duncan New Member

As previous, raise it and silicone the tray, it will give a better result bud.

6. Mastermixlee

Mastermixlee GSR

Whilst it will give a better result raising it. Personally I wouldn't bother in this instance. Don't think it's worth the upheaval to keep that kind of shower tray setup and muck about with pvc trim that would be needed on the sides to cater for the increased height etc when they're only trying to reseal worn/poorly installed trims.

If it were a new bathroom or replacing the shower tray then definitely, but if op is just trying to keep water tight etc then sealant with the trims will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. alichambersUK

alichambersUK Member

Thank you for all of your suggestions. Every one of them is useful to me.

My preference is to use the quadrant as raising the tray would be a much bigger job.

Such a good forum this. I've had a lot of help from it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1