Search the forum,

Discuss What is the correct way to use solvent weld in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laptop

I have never used solvent weld before and i need to join some 32mm pipe and i was wondering what is the correct way of doing it as when i looked on youtube some people just coat the pipe and some people coats the pipe and fitting.

wap it on

your suppose to clean the pipe with cleaner and then apply to pipe, push on wipe off excess hope you aint measured wrong

I coat the inside of the fitting (usually twice around) then push in pipe and twist at least 90 degrees. To be honest it's probably one of those few jobs where you find your own way of doing things and solvent weld is really simple!

Bit on the pipe, bit on the fitting, push it together and turn it a half turn. Works for me.

Slart plenty on, push it in, twist it till it sticks, job done........................ Oh, and make sure you use it in an unventilated place, really makes the day go quicker! :mellow:

dont use it in a tight roof space like i did a fortnight ago saw all sorts of wild things the tin of solvent cement was singing and dancing and it had a top hat

I give a good coat all round both fitting and pipe, insert and give a good turn round.

But be carefull depending on the glue, pipe and fitting it can go off before you got it to its position!!
All ways good when used under the end of a bath in a nice confined space!!!

Maybe not the proper way, but certainly a not to be endorsed way, is in a small enclosed space with the door shut:rolleyes4:

i only put it on the fitting and dont wipe it off at all ! on 4" i just tip it on the fitting and spread it round and do 1/4 turn

I put it on pipe and fitting, then twist pipe into fitting, never used the pipe cleaner before. Don't leave it lying around when ur away for ur tea i usually come back and find some nugget sniffing it(on sites anyway)

You are best putting it on the pipe, as when you push the pipe in the fitting, the excess is likely to come out the fitting, rather than staying inside the fitting, causing a build up of dried on glue. But in practice I usually put it on both!

It should be applied to the pipe and the fitting to make joint correctly otherwise you may have leaks and have to get the gap filler out!!

and anyone doing tight 4'' joints in this weather,good luck to you !

Slap it on like someone else is paying!

DO NOT under and circumstances get it in to an open cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is the correct way to use solvent weld in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock