Search the forum,

Discuss What is the correct orientation of a tee in a flow return circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I suspect I've incorrectly used a tee in the flow return as the two radiators don't seem to get hot enough.

I have two radiators and their flow returns feed into opposing ends of a tee.

Like below.

Rad ----|---- Rad
Return​

I think it should be like -

Rad -------|------- Return
Rad​

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate any advice thanks.

It doesn’t really matter. Can you describe your situation in more depth, have you installed an additional rad to the circuit? What size are the pipes?

So yes, I added an additional radiator about a year ago. The pipes are all 15mm. I drained down the system yesterday to replace the trvs as I initially thought they maybe the issue. When I refilled the system and switched on the heating the radiators we're very hot but then seemed to cool a little. Maybe I need to test this more.

Hopefully the attached image will help. The left side of that tee is the return from the other radiator.

IMG_20181104_094855.jpg

Reply to What is the correct orientation of a tee in a flow return circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock