Search the forum,

Discuss What Hose To Use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

Seems like a simple question, but I wondered if anyone could recommend a good hose? I'm sooooo tired of kinked hoses when I'm trying to drain a heating system!

Thanks in advance :)

my standard garden hose works fine for me I don't think ive ever had a kink
but I wouldn't mind the regin ones

Tricoflex its not cheap but doesn't kink or crush and stays flexible.

ive got a yellow food grade one from t g lyons its great bore is slightly larger than garden hose doesnt kink or twist havent got a clue how much it cost as i had free run with some one elses order book at the time

Orange sillicon hose are good you can buy a 10 mtr from williams and co for 29.99 +vat

Regin drain down 10mm rubber hose.

Attachments

• 31O8A8L1z9L.jpg
    31O8A8L1z9L.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 179
I'd go with the Regin too, it's a bit more than a lot of hose pipes but it's tough and doesn't kink easily.

In another pipe related incident, I've been attempting to grow vegetables this year (unsucessfully) and I was warned off using cheap hose pipes to water the garden because apparently a lot of the cheaper hose pipes have lead in the brass fittings or to strengthen the plastic and make it last longer. What happens then is that if any water sits in the pipe, it gains a high lead content, flowing water less so. My source: A bloke called Arthur who generally has it in for the Chinese. Anyone else heard this?

Orange regin one for me too. Williams and co also sell it at the lowest price I've seen it had mine for almost 8 years now.

Hozelock anti kink... Iv had mine 5 years now :) not one kink... But the trick is how you roll it up after work!

I used to wrap it round elbow etc but it soon got kinked like hell, rolled into a large radius loop & it will not kink!

the best hose ive got was brought from screwfix but they no longer sell it, blue air and oil hose cost a bomb and weights alot but its excellent.

the kamco yellow hose is really good that come with there machines, you can buy it by the meter. Better than standard garden hoses.

the regin one is fine if you need a short hosepipe, but its no good for long runs unless you couple a few together.

my standard hoses are hozleock flexi plus i think, 50m reel gets you a 20m and 2 10ms for flushing, draining etc... its a good hose and it reels up easy in cold weather which is the most important.

Last edited:
Hozelock anti kink... Iv had mine 5 years now :) not one kink... But the trick is how you roll it up after work!

I used to wrap it round elbow etc but it soon got kinked like hell, rolled into a large radius loop & it will not kink!

Yep, couldn't agree more. I remember getting a grilling from my grandfather about kinking his hose by wrapping it up too tightly, it got me a one-week marsh mallow ban!

I've a standard green cheap garden hose that, if wrapped up properly wont kink
And a yellow softer/rubbery one (can't remember make) which was a lot dearer and is no better
As said above, the way you coil it back up will ensure it won't kink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN7V_3ztAzs
Same principal as this fella coiling rope
PS, haven't heard what he's saying as I'm on mute (mrs swamp watching telly) but looks like he's on the right tracks

I'm using a couple of types, I've had some yellow hose that I got from screwfix (I don't think they do it anymore) very tough and will probably outlast me, that is providing I don't keep cutting bits off for siphoning then losing them.

I've recently bought a new bog standard hozelock which seems ok but not very durable.

Ive not been able to bring myself to pay for one of those posh orange ones. I have wondered if these are the same thing?

http://www.scientificlabs.co.uk/product/C758-12

Anyone know if I can get the Regin hose in a metre length?
Only need it to drain a boiler down, current hose gets to stiff in the cold.

Anyone know if I can get the Regin hose in a metre length?
Only need it to drain a boiler down, current hose gets to stiff in the cold.

Keep it in the front of the van in winter, or take it to bed with you at night :p

or or put some armaflex on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Hose To Use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock