Search the forum,

Discuss what evidence do i need to provide for my portfolio. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meacho

hello

Im fortunate enough to have been offered a job working with my mate who is gas safe reg.He is soo busy he has had to take some one on.I will be self employed and he is willing to train me to do my ccn1. i have looked up that i can do a core 3 week course at able skills that will then let me build my portfolio under his supervision to submit to acs to do my exam.I have found bb-gas.co.uk to learn the theory and its a very helpful site which has spread sheets for building the hours of portfolio work i will need.my question is how many hours of gas work of different types will i need and what evidence do they require i.e. step by step photos and breakdown, or a photo and breakdown of whats been done.

I'm new to this forum but have been searching the internet and can't find the answers.Im coming from a 8 year career in the electronics industry.

thanks simon

oh if any one has any suggestions of a better way for me to progress to ccn1 exam I'm happy to hear them

Getting your cert is easy..... Learning the skills and how to do stuff takes time. Don't bank on being a competent fitter in 20 weeks. U might get qualified but u won't get a job. No such thing as get rich quick. Do your level 2 at night school alongside ACS portfolio and aim for two years of being a slave.

hello

thanks for the reply.im not looking to do it as fast as i can just the most cost effective way.i expect to take years to learn which is fine. and to b honest your response is exactly what i was expecting even though i didn't mention doing it quickly or getting rich quick which i think most of you automatically assume. luckily my friend is willing to take the time to teach me. i just wanted to know what evidence they are looking for in the portfolio. i have considered the night school but i have a one year old and my mrs works nights so makes it very difficult.

The majority of the posts we see are along the lines of "How quickly can I become a gsr?"

Which is why you got the response you did. While we're prepared to help you as much as we can we can't go into too many details because of have a go heroes reading forum posts.

For the time being ask for members willing to advise you to pm you. Get 100 posts under your belt and apply for arms membership. More comfortable helping your training in there..

Trust you understand.

To be honest mate I did the quick route. It been a hard slog for the past four years. Nothing is easy, gas is no exception, good luck mate I did it. You will never stop learning.the best bit of advice I can offer is service and repair older things, great for learning

Didn't want to seem negative just realist. How are you going to support your family for two or more years whilst you work long hours earn a pittance and then buy tools and pay for courses! Good luck and hope it all goes well. Like croppie said get in the arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what evidence do i need to provide for my portfolio. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme (apprenticeship) I am now qualified in CCN1, CENWAT, MET1, Unvented, CONGLP1PD. I need to get my CONGLP1-LAV as that is the work I am hoping to predominately do...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north west. I’m looking to complete my NVQ portfolio the jobs I require On site observation with the college assessor: Health & Safety x2 Installation of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock