Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss What do you reckon to this... in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Customer wants concealed cistern toilet on the right wall ( right looking at it through the window ) Which means the toilet soil will come out pretty much centre of the stack. This is the 1st floor toilet.

Not easy job is it I don't think.

Cheers

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Was there supposed to be pics attached mate?

3. mutley racers

Doh, there was. Loong day

20180529_110901.jpg

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What’s wrong with what they have?

5. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Well it's cast isn't it?

6. mutley racers

They just want to alter the layout of the bathroom

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Anything can be done but PINA to do and costly it will need to be scaffolded and there is the added problem of soil from above,my advice is do the alteration internally use some furniture type toilet and basin units you can move pipe over , external alterations would be a very last resort . kop

8. mutley racers

9. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

If it’s a concealed cistern , can’t you run the soil in the boxing/ unit that is concealing the cistern?

10. mutley racers

Yes I can but where the box will be is slap bang centre of the soil pipe. The toilet is in front of the window now and he wants it moved to the side.

11. Timmy D

Timmy D New Member

Cut out current T.
    Core wall.
    Expand hole with sds chisel so the collar of the new plastic T fits inside a bit (turned 90 degrees clockwise from old position).
    Connect with 2 x time savers.

I’d use a scaffold tower.
    Use a reciprocating saw with a carbide cast iron blade. Each cut will take about 5 mins but a lot less dust/sparks than the angle grinder.