Search the forum,

Discuss what course after nvq2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

demmer

Hiya,

Got my nvq2 last year and struggling to find work as a plumber without experience. Called all the private plumbers in the area with no help, some quite rude to be honest. i even asked to work for free to gain a little experience. all companys want experience or gas ticket.

anyway iv been working for an electrical engineer and am loosing my skills as a plumber. could do the 17th edition course but thats moving away from plumbing and a waist or 3 years studying, so id like to keep studying at gain more plumbing skills which i hope will get me a decent job.

what do you think i should study. part p unvented is an option or gas, but its really expensive with a minimum wage income. nvq3 but i need to doing the job?

any help

No matter what you do its a catch 22 i'm afraid. You need experience to get the job and the job to get the experience and are unlikely to get one without the other.

Can your employer not send you to college?

im self employed, the guy i work for wont employ me as he's to worried about the business going under all the time. so no chance of him funding a course.

iv got a van and am doing small jobs, changing taps,rads ect so i suppose its up to me to take on the bigger stuff and learn the hard way?

any other advice?

the unvented is only a one day course, worth doing, but then you will still be in the same position.
the plumbing level 3 or gas would make more sense. unvented is covered at level 3
inquire at your college, you might be eligible for part or full funding depending on circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what course after nvq2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock