Search the forum,

Discuss what are the aims of the government and do you think its achievable ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

what are the current figures thrown around by the governemnt regarding what they want installed and when.

i hear percentage of houses built have to have solar or renewables - or every house built has to be solar ready????

so much by 2020???

what are the figures and do you think they are achievable ?

what I do find interesting on that page, is that they mention the renewable heat insentive to encourage house holders to consider and move towards renewables, but there are no incentives to encourage installers towards them, either with training on them, or becoming MCS accredited.

I am currently undergoing MCS accreditation as an installer, and being self employed I find it an extremely arduose process to the point that I sometimes wonder if it is worth it.

Saying that I am constantly asked by potential customers, "can I get a grant" I have to say yes and then have to pass them onto a competitor. Therefore I have no choice but to become MCS accredited.

what I do find interesting on that page, is that they mention the renewable heat insentive to encourage house holders to consider and move towards renewables, but there are no incentives to encourage installers towards them, either with training on them, or becoming MCS accredited.

I am currently undergoing MCS accreditation as an installer, and being self employed I find it an extremely arduose process to the point that I sometimes wonder if it is worth it.

Saying that I am constantly asked by potential customers, "can I get a grant" I have to say yes and then have to pass them onto a competitor. Therefore I have no choice but to become MCS accredited.

Im in the same situation at the moment, went to look at pricing a job but custard wanted mcs accredited installer so no point pricing.
Now working on the same job as a sub contractor for MCS accredited company who dosent have the staff to cope with the work!
The accreditation process is aimed at keeping the small guys out. You need an office full of staff just for the paperwork.
Eco

Spend the money, like we are, get the MCS and happy days.

It's here to stay. Think yourselves lucky as installers, it costs us 30k.

It's all about what you can spend, my friends.

quite simple,
if a member breaks the forum rules - they get banned for a period of time untill they cool of and appologise to those concerned.

or they get banned for life if they dont rectify their mistakes and is more serious nature.

details not important.

the things we do to protect our members:rolleyes:

The Goverment has no money atm!!!!
Grants wont be coming along for a while..and if they do, you can guarantee they will be gobbleded up the likes of "Warmdump"..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what are the aims of the government and do you think its achievable ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock