Search the forum,

Discuss what a fun day.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

went to service a heatslave comi today, been a few times now, it is on the first floor in an airing cupboard!!!!!

But we have cured the oily smell, faulty pump, various issues in the past so thought I would be in n out today.....

How wrong I was, ran it up to see it worked which it did but didnt sound right and then wipped off the cover on the burner and found on moving the flexi aside that it then burst, (I was going to swap it, but I needed kero all over my arm). did the nozzle, cleaned the baffles and changed the flexis, at this point ran it up again and found the air separator had failed, wouldnt hold any fuel in it, so swapped it, along with the pump which got really noisy now!!

So got it going ish, and decided to cure the leaky flow switch, which fell apart, ho hum.... then re pressurised the expansion vessel and topped up the system pressure. Fired her up and waited for things to settle, been a **** morning so far , thanked old boy for a coffee when water flowed every where as the boiler finally got the last laugh and burst quite extravagantly as i sat slurping the coffee.....

At this point I mentioned a new boiler seemed a good idea and he agreed straight way, why did i not mention this earlier in the day, still new external combi going in on thursday with luck....no more working on cream carpets upstairs i hope. Just wondering how to get the old one out though?

went to service a heatslave comi today, been a few times now, it is on the first floor in an airing cupboard!!!!!

But we have cured the oily smell, faulty pump, various issues in the past so thought I would be in n out today.....

How wrong I was, ran it up to see it worked which it did but didnt sound right and then wipped off the cover on the burner and found on moving the flexi aside that it then burst, (I was going to swap it, but I needed kero all over my arm). did the nozzle, cleaned the baffles and changed the flexis, at this point ran it up again and found the air separator had failed, wouldnt hold any fuel in it, so swapped it, along with the pump which got really noisy now!!

So got it going ish, and decided to cure the leaky flow switch, which fell apart, ho hum.... then re pressurised the expansion vessel and topped up the system pressure. Fired her up and waited for things to settle, been a **** morning so far , thanked old boy for a coffee when water flowed every where as the boiler finally got the last laugh and burst quite extravagantly as i sat slurping the coffee.....

At this point I mentioned a new boiler seemed a good idea and he agreed straight way, why did i not mention this earlier in the day, still new external combi going in on thursday with luck....no more working on cream carpets upstairs i hope. Just wondering how to get the old one out though?

Tell him to go down the pub, or did you mean the boiler:8:

crikey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what a fun day.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock