1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Wetrooms former for concrete floors. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Hi guys, just wondering if you have specific trays you use. Hoping to chase one into the floor at home.

Cheers

2. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

I use either the akw or impey. The impey is the better quality former in my opinion. Or remove the screed in the shower area, chop a waste into the middle and form the slope with screed, it's easy enough to do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mutley racers

Think I would rather have the former as not much experience making gradients with screed.

Here is another want of mine, is it possible (or should I say applies to local code) to sink a bath into the suspended timber floor on the ground floor to have it flush with the tiles?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Akw tuff form

• Like Like x 1
  5. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

Well either former will do the job. Just make sure it's solid, don't just use the screwholes on the outside rim of the tray. Pilot the tray and use a counter sink and put several screws within the formed area to make it as solid as possible. Don't forget your tanking kit either, the impey Waterguard is my lrefferes method.

As for the bath, I don't know. The suspended floor isn't structual but how deep is the void below? Will you still be able to get a fall on the waste? What about future access? What are you planning on sitting the bath feet on?

6. mutley racers

The void below is rather deep. I have an access panel under my fridge where I can Crawl under my house for future maintenance etc. Fall should be OK as well as toilet wastes drops down through the floor. I am just thinking of insulating the bath etc.

7. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber Top Contributor!!

I have sunk a bath into void before so rim sat on the tiled floor. (What customer wanted)
    This was a bungalow in a sloping site and I could almost stand up under the floor at one end of the room.
    Waste bossed into soil/vent at low level.
    I built blockwork piers to support the feet and also took down some vertical timbers to piers to strengthen where I’d cut out floor joists.
    No idea if it’s allowed, this was back a few years when we were all a bit more gung-ho!

• Like Like x 1
  8. mutley racers

Sounds good. I live in a bungalow on a sloping site!!

9. JKG

JKG New Member

Have a look at kaldewei conoflat trays with esr frame. Easy to install flush with tiles and excellent quality

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Either Impey Pro Dec or Kaskade by STS for me, just completed an Impey Pro Dec with linear drain (see pic).
    20190514_185218.jpg

11. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hi Jim, nice little wet dec there.
    Am I going in mad or is that a stable door?
    Is that as daft an idea as i think it is?! (what these poor customers fall for from the salesmen/brochures)