Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Wet vacuum advice? Mid budget up to £100 in the New Member Introductions area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. valentin belchev

valentin belchev New Member

Hi everyone! New to the site and the forum. I have a question, can you recommend a decent wet vac? Is wickes one the best option out here?

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have the midi Titan. Does the job. Welcome along.

3. valentin belchev

Thank you. I was looking at Titan at screwfix but wasn’t sure, it has good reviews, will definitely consider it, thanks again!

4. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get the big Henry wet vac never let me down

5. Steve weightman

Steve weightman GSR

Have the Titan from screwfix works a treat and would be without it

6. valentin belchev

Thank you Riley. Is the big one called George, might be a bit expensive?

7. valentin belchev

Cheers Steve, seems like i am heading for Titan

• Like Like x 1
  8. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Wickes one with universal filter , just ace .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steve weightman

Steve weightman GSR

Never used it dry there brilliant getting water out of pipes to solder and dirty sludge out carpets with plenty of water and fairy liquid

10. valentin belchev

I heard wickes one is pretty good too, thank you !

11. gmartine

gmartine GSR

I have the Wickes and it's the most basic machine but I just use it for wet with just the hose end for spills etc. If you intend to use it for both wet and dry and want or need better quality tools with a larger capacity I'd consider the other recommendations.

12. quality

quality Plumber GSR

i have a titan one and probably the best £45 Ive ever spent

• Like Like x 1
  13. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I bought the Henry version but I use it just for heating and water if I ever have to work on anything nasty like a Saniflo I factor a cheap wet vac back into the quote

14. Jerry

Jerry GSR

Big chrome titan from Screwfix. Wheels broke almost immediately. Love the thing. His name is R2D2

Funny story - I watched a young labourer sweep up a load of ground concrete. He then went to hoover it up. He put the hose into the wrong hole on the hoover. The other hole does not suck. You know what it does.

POOF!

The room disappears in a grey coloured whiteout.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Allgoode

Allgoode GSR

If you are going to get the titan from Screwfix be aware the lid/motor unit is not held on tightly so when carrying it with a ltr or two of fluid if you bump it the motor unit & can will seperate & the fluid will spill out.

When it has more fluid in it than that the weight holds it locked.

As mentioned above it sucks like a pro... and can usually recover the fluids spilled when carry it partially loaded apart from when the customer has white/light carpets.. apparently...

I still have mine despite a couple of spills in houses when carrying it & a few times when it tipped over in the van after a long day when i forgot to fully empty it out prior.

Also have a older Einhell wet vac which has none of the above issues of detachment of top motor unit from bottom can.

Hope this helps,

Andy