Discuss Wet vacuum advice? Mid budget up to £100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone! New to the site and the forum. I have a question, can you recommend a decent wet vac? Is wickes one the best option out here?

Never used it dry there brilliant getting water out of pipes to solder and dirty sludge out carpets with plenty of water and fairy liquid

I have the Wickes and it's the most basic machine but I just use it for wet with just the hose end for spills etc. If you intend to use it for both wet and dry and want or need better quality tools with a larger capacity I'd consider the other recommendations.

I bought the Henry version but I use it just for heating and water if I ever have to work on anything nasty like a Saniflo I factor a cheap wet vac back into the quote

Big chrome titan from Screwfix. Wheels broke almost immediately. Love the thing. His name is R2D2

Funny story - I watched a young labourer sweep up a load of ground concrete. He then went to hoover it up. He put the hose into the wrong hole on the hoover. The other hole does not suck. You know what it does.

POOF!

The room disappears in a grey coloured whiteout.

If you are going to get the titan from Screwfix be aware the lid/motor unit is not held on tightly so when carrying it with a ltr or two of fluid if you bump it the motor unit & can will seperate & the fluid will spill out.

When it has more fluid in it than that the weight holds it locked.

As mentioned above it sucks like a pro... and can usually recover the fluids spilled when carry it partially loaded apart from when the customer has white/light carpets.... apparently...

I still have mine despite a couple of spills in houses when carrying it & a few times when it tipped over in the van after a long day when i forgot to fully empty it out prior.

Also have a older Einhell wet vac which has none of the above issues of detachment of top motor unit from bottom can.

Hope this helps,

Andy

I have the wicked one. It's about 5 years old now and still going strong just a bit wobbly now as I've lost a wheel. I only use it for wet as I can't be bother to keep changing the filter etc.

Trufax. Luckily only blew a bit out as was only just under the surface of the "fluid"
It was a wetvac with 2 sockets for the hose - suck and blow. In my haste I picked blow.

I have the Titan one from screwfix too, it's great. I played about £40 for the smaller one I think. I mainly bought it just for dry stuff but needed to get some water out of some central heating pipes and remembered it was a wet vac too, it made the job so easy.

The only thing you have to make sure is it's properly dry before you put the bag back in otherwise it'll go soggy and split

I have the wicked one. It's about 5 years old now and still going strong just a bit wobbly now as I've lost a wheel. I only use it for wet as I can't be bother to keep changing the filter etc.

Don't need to Millsy, it'll still suck up dry material with the combi filter. Just leaves a bit of a mess to empty.

When I bought mine it was £25, now it's over £40 the other wet n dry's available come into play for value for money.

Reply to Wet vacuum advice? Mid budget up to £100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back