Search the forum,

Discuss Wet kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi was wondering if yous guys would be happy using a wet kit on a condenser while your fga is getting serviced. I've no problem using it on a standard EFF boiler but never used 1 on a steamer.

Wet kit is now really a relic of the past. Too slow, as we know and it doesn't keep analysing while you set the burner, like a modern analyser does. Plus you haven't a piece of hardware to do a printout.
You probably won't be able to monitor the CO or O2 or excess air unless you have an analyser. However, if it is all working okay and the CO2 fluid is fresh, it usually would still do to set the boiler CO2 and a smoke pump would help.
I would try to get your analyser serviced or repaired at a time you won't be using it. That said, mine now needs calibrated at this busy time.

Ye I do know what your saying Best. Printout won't be a problem with these couple of customers and that's all it will be. Mine is a Kane 250 and unfortunately can't get it serviced here in n.Ireland . The wet kit was a relic 12 years ago when I bought it new , but that's what happens when you listen to bad advice in my opinion from the guy teaching you for the 101 .

Nothing wrong with a wet kit and a steamer. But regs now require an analyser. Amazing how accurate the old wet kit is. Still got mine. Maybe once I'm 98 I'll sell it to a museum :) Wet kit will get you away but go back once you have analyser back to cover the old backside.

You should be able to get your analyser recalibrated through Bassetts.

I loved my wet kit, but if any of the valves on the hand pump or the valve on top of the CO2 gauge let air pass a little, or if the CO2 fluid is old, then you will get too low Co2 readings.
I retired my wet kit and find the analysers much faster and very accurate, but they do sometimes show faults that a wet kit won't and cause more work to investigate

My wet kit is in the shed. Not looked at it in years. Not sure there's any fluid in it now. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock