Search the forum,

Discuss Weird boiler setup in house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Any chance of a pic of said secondary boiler ?

I think there is only one boiler.
The glow worm is a Combi used as a system boiler.

Maybe but doesn't the gloworm have heating temp adjustment? Just hoteater ?

So is it theoretically possible just to move the kit from the loft down to the kitchen next to the combi boiler? (this is moving the stelflow and pump - not sure why we need the hot water cylinder). It just seems an awful lot of gear for a house with two showers. My parents have a larger house with more bathrooms and radiators and i think they just have a megaflow in a utility room somewhere?

So is it theoretically possible just to move the kit from the loft down to the kitchen next to the combi boiler? (this is moving the stelflow and pump - not sure why we need the hot water cylinder). It just seems an awful lot of gear for a house with two showers. My parents have a larger house with more bathrooms and radiators and i think they just have a megaflow in a utility room somewhere?
You would need a big cupboard to put it in.
Your parents might not have poor incoming pressure and flow

In short you have a low incoming water main pressure and flow so it won't be able to do more than one outlet at the same time

I am pretty sure that the combi is not working as a combi. If you look at the pics I think (could be wrong) that the hot water has been capped off

I bet they will still have a boiler heating the megaflow. Not cheap doing it on electric

I think you really need to get someone in to explain what you have and how it currently works. We can do it on here but it’s only words and without visual explanation it may not mean a lot

ok thanks guys - i have tried getting various plumbers in to explain the options but so far, the options are: "leave it alone" and "no idea". It just seems odd to have so many different systems in a relatively small building - unless there is something else going on like really low water pressure, but then that doesn't make sense if we're the only house experiencing this (unless there is a skinny lead pipe or something)

@Whn1 close to you ?

I would guess that the previous owner wanted two good showers and that was the only way to achieve the flow and pressure.

There is one system.

Mains water comes into the accumulator to achieve necessary flow and pressure. This then fills the Stelflow cylinder. In turn this is then heated by the Glowworm boiler by means of heat transfer from a coil which runs through the cylinder. As I said you could potentially upgrade your mains which would mean you could do away with the accumulator

Maybe - if there is anyone on here who is close to TW11 and fancies popping round for a peek (we also need a quote for sticking a toilet under some stairs which requires some creative drainage)!

Maybe - if there is anyone on here who is close to TW11 and fancies popping round for a peek (we also need a quote for sticking a toilet under some stairs which requires some creative drainage)!
I think you need to pay so e to carry out a proper survey.

Reply to Weird boiler setup in house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock