Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss WC won't stop running in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. RED2

RED2 New Member

Photo attached if inside of cistern. Water just keeps running into bowl and won't fill cistern.

Water inlet seems fine - I think the problem is the seal between the main siphon (?) unit and the lower part of the cistern. If I move the unit slightly (its pretty secure) the leak can be made to stop and the cistern fills. Is there an easy way to repair this?

cheers P1140749.JPG P1140750.JPG P1140751.JPG

2. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Top Contributor!!

you got it right probably, replace the seal on the flush valve.

3. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

I think that your unit is a quick twist and release siphon,so do just that and get a replacemant one with new bottom washer (he he) but from a plumbers merchant on Monday ...take old one with you
    Don’t do Q&B tooooo expensive & crap

Rob Foster aka centralheatking

4. Lewis Lawson

Lewis Lawson New Member

Fluid master in my opinion is the best siphon

• Like Like x 1
  5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Twist and release, if rubber washer on the bottom is dirty then clean it and the mating surface and refit.
    If washer has bubbles on the surface then many can be reused with the opposite side of the rubber face.
    Total cost £0.00p :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. RED2

RED2 New Member

So I just twist the unit anticlockwise to remove it or is it secured with any clips?

7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Twist to unlock then pull . Kop

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Look carefully and you will find 3 locating lugs, believe most go clockwise to release.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Let us now how you get on please Rob Foster aka centralheatking