Search the forum,

Discuss Water supply question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Just joined this forum so hello to all.
This question is really bugging me and i can't find an answer so i wonder if anyone here could help.
We have a new property and we have a water supply which is useless pressure wise. 750m away we have access to a 50mm main with 6 bar pressure, between the two we have a rise and then fall of ground level. I can work out losses through the pipe but what i can't find out is does the pressure gain from the fall cancel out some of the pressure loss due to the rise? It should but before i spend a lot of money trenching i would love confirmation. Thanks

What's your pressure and flow also what pipe Do you have now size?

We knew the pressure here was poor so we brought a 32mm pipe down hoping to get enough water. This is off a 32mm we put into a large farm building a bit uphill which had 1.5 bar where it comes off the public mains (260m) but useless flow. The problems are that if i run water in the the house i can cavitate if a tap is opened uphill, secondly although the water will just reach the top floor patience is not my strong suit. I want to run a fully unvented system so plan B could be the answer. If i go down that route then i will take 50mm to the building and that will feed my 32mm to the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water supply question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock