Search the forum,

Discuss Water Regs ticket - Why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So, I dont have a water regs ticket - what shouldn't I be doing?

Not that I'm gona to listen to you, but would like to know :)

You could probably do what you like.

But I would check out my insurance policy to see what that covers me for.
There wouldn't be much worse than causing damage to someone's property and finding, because insurance won't cover you, that you have to pay for the repairs yourself, plus the legal expenses.

So what shouldnt i do?
Was hoping my indemnity insurance would plug that gap...:confused5:

Does my NVQ cover me?

Dont have a leisure goods ticket either, but i do have boats, caravans, commercial and domestic LPG, etc etc etc.
I'd argue that proves my competence as long as I follow the regs?

(Dont hurt me ;))

WRAS doesn't really work on the basis of what you are and aren't qualified to do in your job. It is basically guidelines to prevent unnecessary water wastage, water pollution, excessive water use and the manipulation of measuring devices such as water meters. It will obviously offer information as to the correct way to do installations and things like that with the use of non-return valve service valves and similar it will also educate you in the correct products to use ie wras approved so that you know they will meet the points made above

means you cant go digging trenches and fitting supply pipes then signing off the work for building regs for starters, just useful to have to let you get on with things that you might otherwise have to have inspected in order for building regs etc to sign off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Regs ticket - Why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and was told the regs are now retrospectively applied. This is the opposite of what I am used to. For example, if I do an electrical inspection and find a...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
I got my water regs when I completed my NVQ level 3, in 2017. Do you have to renew this every year?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock