Search the forum,

Discuss Water pump pliers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

OK, so it's time for some views on which ones you guys have. I'm currently using Bahco, but I've tried all sorts.
Please share you views.

But the age old questing is Alligators or Cobras

Cobra all day long. Alligator smaller grip dia. 28mm and pump unions no probs for cobra. Alligators in bag for when can't find anything else. I prefer my 15" crescent grips to alligator

The answer is obviously Knipex and they have recently brought out new versions of both Alligator and Cobra.

The new Cobra's are nothing short of amazing, one hand blind snap clip locking, you can't do that with the Ali's, but they have much more torque loading properties, decisions, decisions

The answer is obviously Knipex and they have recently brought out new versions of both Alligator and Cobra.

The new Cobra's are nothing short of amazing, one hand blind snap clip locking, you can't do that with the Ali's, but they have much more torque loading properties, decisions, decisions

Share doo..... New cobra ? Any web link?

Just the 87-01 and 88-01 series, the XL ones go to half a meter and the both have 17+? adjustment, the other ones are the Smart grips and Raptors

Just the 87-01 and 88-01 series, the XL ones go to half a meter and the both have 17+? adjustment, the other ones are the Smart grips and Raptors

Doh! Got these badboys already .

Yep. Knipex cobras all day long.
Don't like the bachos.
Not keen on rottenbergers
Hate anything remotely bulky.

Havnt tried alligators but I can't see me liking them.

You guys are seriously going on site with Draper tools???!! OMG you'd be a laughing stock here if you did that?? Are you sure these Cobras are not a Silverline clone???

Cobras are brilliant. Took a while to get used to em but now i can't go back to groovelock grips.

And dickie
Yes they may be part of the same group which owns draper but they are a quality German precision engineered product for professionals.
Most companies have a top range and a diy range.....

P.s i have a set of draper screwdrivers from Asda. Cost me less than 3 quid for seven or so screwdrivers. And they beat my fatmax hands down:)

Crescent are by far the best ...IMO...

I used to think the same. Rigid for 2" and above anything under that gets the vice like grip from cobra . So many companies try to reinvent same rubbish. Irwin and Lenox just recycle the same bad ideas. Strange how no one ever re discovered footprints or the beautiful nacho shifter .

Oh you can't beat small Footprints for getting into a wash basin pedestal trap etc.
Well being a self-confessed tool addict I've just ordered a set of Knipex Corbras on the recommendation of all you guys.
Thanks everyone for an interesting thread.

Apart from being laughed off site you won't regret it.
There's a hell of a lot more locking points on rhe than standard groovelock grips which ensures you get a better fit around the nut.

Apart from being laughed off site you won't regret it.
There's a hell of a lot more locking points on rhe than standard groovelock grips which ensures you get a better fit around the nut.
Ach I'll not tell anyone they're made by Draper & at least they'll not have the blue handle.....:tongue:

Draper make (or have acquired) some ridiculously high end tooling, all 11 nuclear plants in England & Wales, use Draper tooling, it is used at Airbus, JCB and at least two of the F1 team constructors, Caterham and Lotus, sure Redbull do also.

Lifetime guarantee on most of the professional stuff

If you want true F1 quality you cant go wrong with a pair of ÂŁ5.99 Silverline grips from a market stall. :uhoh2: ha ha

I have Knippex Cobra and Bacho groove lock and always reach for the Cobra's they are excellent.

Hi Dickie

Have your new Knippex Cobra's been delivered yet?.......pleased with them??
Mine saved the day last week on a seized headgear in a kitchen tap. Bacho adjustables just slipped and rounded off, tried mole grips but even on full lock they just slipped so had to go to town on it with a blowtorch. Only then could the Cobra's grip onto the rounded remains of the nut and it came free....joy!

Oh no I'm here Phil luv!! Aye, I've been using them for a couple of weeks now & they're the dog's danglers!! So them come highly recommended.
Thanks to everyone for their valuable input.

Level two lad got out footprints, surprisingly refreshing! Couldn't manage the two flights down to van as it was a Monday.

The way I see it, those cheap ones I use a)grip things b)don't slip. When you're talking about pump pliers, when those 2 features are locked in, the money-to-improvement curve takes a dive at that point. I've got a big pair of old Bahco ones that I found in a loft and which i'm informed are 'the dogs' and they grip and don't slip either.
Every time I lose a ÂŁ30 pair of adjustables I cry a bit inside. But they justify paying the extra.

I need to try these cobras ..there getting raved about...gutted lost a pair of crescents this morning think the spark picked them up by mistake

I need to try these cobras ..there getting raved about...gutted lost a pair of crescents this morning think the spark picked them up by mistake

Go to yes electrical and use sparks account to buy new ones! Strange that electrical merchant sells better plumbing tools than plumb centre!

Unless it's Rothy the national Plumbers' Merchants will not sell it. Goes to show where the profit margins are, cause quality is not the reason they stock their items.

Unless it's Rothy the national Plumbers' Merchants will not sell it. Goes to show where the profit margins are, cause quality is not the reason they stock their items.

Correct. We don't call em 'rottenbuggers' for nowt eh!

You guys are seriously going on site with Draper tools???!! OMG you'd be a laughing stock here if you did that?? Are you sure these Cobras are not a Silverline clone???

why is it that most people think they need the best make tools - seen young plumbers and they insist the need the most expensive power tools etc - its not the tools that make the plumber.no offens intended just cant see the point of wasiting money when not req

Think its has a lot to do with how nice good quality tools feel and work. A bacho shifter vs forged one from screwfix ..... No contest. Milwaukee m18sds with Hilti 7mm drill vs 14v combi drill with shiny silver masonry bit from the market?

I was surprised how nice footprints were..... Been a few years.... But my offset 14" rigids 1/2 the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pump pliers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock