Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I recently changed the washing machine and found that the new one only had a cold water inlet. The old one had hit as well. When I undid the hot after turning the valve off it be cams apparent the valve wasn’t shutting off properly. So I removed the tap to get to the valve and noticed the rubber seals had perished and of course you couldn’t get those anymore and also you couldn’t get the flexi hose which was he same so ended up getting two new flexi hoses and attached them. They screwed on the opposite to the previous ones. So I left out the valve. Now the water pressure is high everywhere in he house? The downstairs electric shower when on whistles and is really loud noise. The pipe whistles under the stairs loud when the shower is on and also the main sink? The downstairs toliet also is loud when it fills back up?? I’m not sure how changing the taps and adding the new washing machine could do this? I’m not a plumber by the way! Thanks

Gonna need pics mate as your description is a bit vague what tap have you removed? what washers?? I’m assuming that you mean on the washing machine hose but not clear enough

I'll be betting you closed the stopcock off to do the job and when you put it back on turned it on all the way... If that is the case, you'll need to turn it back off a little to quiet the system. However that is short term fix and not really a fix at all because you are severly restricting flow. IF that was it, then you are best off fitting a pressure reducing valve on your incoming main. That way you get great flow and quiet it down. HTH

Hi I recently changed the washing machine and found that the new one only had a cold water inlet. The old one had hit as well. When I undid the hot after turning the valve off it be cams apparent the valve wasn’t shutting off properly. So I removed the tap to get to the valve and noticed the rubber seals had perished and of course you couldn’t get those anymore and also you couldn’t get the flexi hose which was he same so ended up getting two new flexi hoses and attached them. They screwed on the opposite to the previous ones. So I left out the valve. Now the water pressure is high everywhere in he house? The downstairs electric shower when on whistles and is really loud noise. The pipe whistles under the stairs loud when the shower is on and also the main sink? The downstairs toliet also is loud when it fills back up?? I’m not sure how changing the taps and adding the new washing machine could do this? I’m not a plumber by the way! Thanks

1FA383EE-78EF-4589-B027-9E1D2CDEDA07.jpeg

17445BE9-5C07-40D6-8084-9C6AEBDAECF3.jpeg

7EB9AABE-CAF2-4AB6-B0DF-336808B63F07.jpeg

D394866D-4451-48A1-A5B4-2B196048A89F.jpeg

7893EDF3-8D23-4C94-A097-AEDB643DBB4A.jpeg

So basically the washing machine hose is the cold tap. The other on was the the hit but I removed the same valve and just straight attached the tap. On the cold mixer tap I removed a valve that you use a Philips screw driver on and attached the the tap to the cold pipe. I have at the bottom one valve (Philips screwdriver) and then directly below it a funny looking one? Much older looking but it’s on the cold inlet directly? What is that? Thanks

That darker coloured valve is a non return valve. Attaching the tap straight to where the hot washing machine valve would make no difference. Is it perhaps you turned of your stopcock and it wasn’t fully open then you’ve opened it back up fully

Reply to Water pressure too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock