Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howdoi?

Hi,

I'm posting this following a discussion I had on the forum earlier.

I have a terraced house in Leytonstone, east London, which has reasonably poor water pressure and an old boiler. We have been putting up with the temperamental boiler and weak water pressure. We are going to convert the loft and put a bedroom and a small bathroom up there and, given the extra work that the system will need to do to pump water up there; this seems like the right time to address both.

I suspect (and may very well be wrong) that the most likely cause of the poor pressure is the fact that we (probably!) have old lead pipes at the front of the house. I have put in an application to Thames Water to prepare a quote to replace their supply pipes. This takes three weeks for them to prepare a quote and (probably) a fair few more before they can do the work though.

I need a plumber to:

1. Come over and make an assessment whether it is likely that there are old lead pipes, and whether it is likely that this is the cause of the low pressure. I appreciate that this is a matter of saying it is ‘probably’ something (and not definitely).
  2. Based on the above, assess whether there are alternative solutions. For example a pump of some sort (someone suggested a Grundfos Home Boost).
  3. Do the work, which is either replacing the lead pipe that falls in my property (outside of the Thames Water jurisdiction) or putting in a pump or whatever else solves the problem. I also then need a new boiler fitting.

Hi there I can pop over and take a look I live in essex but work in london most days just let us know what suitsyou

Thanks. I'll send you my phone number and we can arrange a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock