Search the forum,

Discuss Water pipes passing along hall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Attached are 2 photos of what I found in the daughter's hallway when investigating why the passge was " a bit bouncy". Out has come the carpet and she is going to replace it with laminate.
I have a few questions one of which is why are there 3 pipes as it only feeds the kitchen sink, could it be a gas supply into the kitchen? I hope not. Now if laminate is put over the existing plywood top some of the bounce should go but I am still not happy. My suggestion is remove the battens and plywood and replace with new battens and 18mm or 22 mm chipboard, any thoughts on that?
Thanks
2 (1).jpg
2 (2).jpg

Prob hot and cold and gas

Don’t think you can use 18mm ply as it would leave it proud too much unless your rising the floor ?

Attached are 2 photos of what I found in the daughter's hallway when investigating why the passge was " a bit bouncy". Out has come the carpet and she is going to replace it with laminate.
I have a few questions one of which is why are there 3 pipes as it only feeds the kitchen sink, could it be a gas supply into the kitchen? I hope not. Now if laminate is put over the existing plywood top some of the bounce should go but I am still not happy. My suggestion is remove the battens and plywood and replace with new battens and 18mm or 22 mm chipboard, any thoughts on that?
Thanks View attachment 36805 View attachment 36806
these pipes look very corroded to me, maybe steel ?uck others will have a look ..but looks bad in my opinion if it was my gaff ..rip,out and replace ...I have been around the block in my years and they look well past Rob Foster
aka centralheatking

Prob hot and cold and gas

Don’t think you can use 18mm ply as it would leave it proud too much unless your rising the floor ?
The " trench" for want of a better term is about 52 mm deep so with a 30mm high batten which will allow the pipes to clear it, as they are only 15mm covered in the felt insulation, the use of 22mm chipboard should bring the level up at around the floor height.

The " trench" for want of a better term is about 52 mm deep so with a 30mm high batten which will allow the pipes to clear it, as they are only 15mm covered in the felt insulation, the use of 22mm chipboard should bring the level up at around the floor height.
replace ...bite the bullet I only tell it straight chking

Need to keep the felt lagging

Use ply not chipboard.

Are the existing batterns screwed down, if not they may be just lifting with heat and settling when walked over.?
No not fastened but any I would put down would be fastened into the concrete trench/floor. The bounce is due to the plywood only being about 12mm thick.

these pipes look very corroded to me, maybe steel ?uck others will have a look ..but looks bad in my opinion if it was my gaff ..rip,out and replace ...I have been around the block in my years and they look well past Rob Foster
aka centralheatking
Am I missing something rob? Is there another pic all I can see is lagged pipes???

phenolics are a very good fire and heat stopper..but they really need to be specified directly for fit purpose as I understand when Inworked with BP on them in the mid 90's. Rob Foster ,,aka centralheatking

Reply to Water pipes passing along hall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock