Search the forum,

Discuss Water in my Diverter Valve Actuator Motor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I have an Ideal C30 combo boiler and recently lost all hot water, but the central heating still working.

Got a plumber friend out to sort it, who changed the diverter valve actuator motor and also the BOILER DIVERTER VALVE CARTRIDGE. However, we lost hot water again the other day and after checking the diverter valve actuator motor again, it had water in it again, but there is no sign of any water or a leak anywhere else inside the boiler.

It's almost as though water is seeping into it through where it is connected.

Would this affect us getting hot water, but still allow the CH to heat the house?

Any ideas or experience to fix this would be fantastic as don't want to buy those parts again and for it to be wasted

Thanks HW

Its the same problem usually caused by dirt or debris in the heating system very difficult to clean it out before replacing parts , but I think you don't really have much choice these parts will need replacing a long term successful repair depends on how your system is cleaned and protected. Cheers kop

Its the same problem usually caused by dirt or debris in the heating system very difficult to clean it out before replacing parts , but I think you don't really have much choice these parts will need replacing a long term successful repair depends on how your system is cleaned and protected. Cheers kop

Is that a simple enough job to do? How long does it tend to take to sort out?

We've got one of those magnetic chambers attached to the boiler as well that is suppose to catch any debris etc....thanks for your reply!

Yes it simple enough job but as the guys have said it will pay to change the whole diverter valve not just the cartridge ideal parts are quite reasonably priced, a mag filter will not stop debris entirely your system will need a chemical clean and flush i would allow a days work for cleaning and the repair . good luck kop

Yes it simple enough job but as the guys have said it will pay to change the whole diverter valve not just the cartridge ideal parts are quite reasonably priced, a mag filter will not stop debris entirely your system will need a chemical clean and flush i would allow a days work for cleaning and the repair . good luck kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water in my Diverter Valve Actuator Motor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock