Search the forum,

Discuss Water feed pipe connections... help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I am trying to replace kitchen sink taps at my dad's house and the hot tap connection had a leak. I want to replace current fittings and I wondered if I can do it by cutting the old copper solder ring straight coupler off and put a compression connection on to the pipe that the coupler was in? Or would I have to replace the coupler with another one and have that soldered on? I have never used flux and blow torch before to do this... so I would like to avoid doing this if possible. Could I cut the pipe right down and use a flexible tap tail???

I have attached a photo so you guys can see what I am rabbiting on about.

I would greatly appreciate your help

Cheers, Lee

20181125_151535.jpg

where the tap connector nut gone? eg the nut that goes on the solder connection

Nut had damaged thread... so it is now in nut heaven. The copper pipe is also damaged so I just wanted to know the best way around it to reconnect it without having to use a blow torch and solder.

you can cut the pipe and use a coupling but be careful its old 70s steel pipe

Reply to Water feed pipe connections... help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock